Best way to rip to NAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to rip to NAS

Hi everyone, when I rip to local machine and then copy/paste to NAS it takes about 15 min to rip and about 5 min to send to the NAS. I would like to make this a one-step process but whenever I set the NAS shared folder as the output destination, as soon as dvdfab rips it to BDMV and starts to create the ISO it calculates that it's going to take over 2 hours.

How do you guys do it? And where should I place the temp folder?

i have a separate local SSD that i rip the ISO (main movie) to. I i rip my MP4s from that. then i wait till it gets quite a few then mass copy to NAS. as you said, takes a while, but i do other things. since then i went 10G to NAS and copy after the session is over .....

Comment

I thought about the same and wonder why it is so slow. I did not change the temp folder so its still on the local machine. Only the file destination of the ISO is the NAS. As SMB is used I thought it should work like a local drive (but limited to the maximum network speed)?

The network monitor looks strange, too. It looks like DVDFab is constantly reading the data while its writing to it?! Click image for larger version  Name:	2018-03-17 17_55_33.png Views:	2 Size:	18.3 KB ID:	351105

After the ISO is created the reading stops:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-03-17 17_59_41.png
Views:	301
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	351106
      Attached Files
      Last edited by mgutt; 03-17-2018, 05:00 PM.

Comment

There is packet handshaking involved whenever data is transferred over ethernet.

Comment

I have a mapped drive letter to my NAS, So DVDFab is saving to Drive "X:\movies" for example. I use DVDFAB's Clone mode to make a 1:1 copy, Seems to take about 30 minutes start to finish. It ALWAYS starts out saying it's going to take longer, and the estimate lowers as it progresses. My NAS is a 4 drive unit that can read/write faster than my netowrk. Server and NAS are connected via Gigabit Ethernet.

Comment

Working...
          X