Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDFab 10.0.3.6 where's the DVDFab.exe file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab 10.0.3.6 where's the DVDFab.exe file?

Downloaded the latest update, 10.0.3.6 did they forget to include the main file DVDFab.exe ?? It will not run now.

Running the Windows version
    Last edited by electroplater; 04-26-2017, 10:51 PM. Reason: included OS system

Nevermind, Bitdefender found a virus in the DVDFab.exe file and quarantined it. Just read another thread with more details.

Comment

It's a false positive. It's Bitdefender's problem, not DVDFab's problem.

We have contacted Bitdefender, in the meantime, we updated the installer, you can re-download it to fix it.
      DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
      http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by electroplater View Post
        Nevermind, Bitdefender found a virus in the DVDFab.exe file and quarantined it. Just read another thread with more details.
        Could you please share what you did to correct BitDefender, I am having the same problem. I have tried to reinstall 4 times and cannot get it to work. Tried to download a later version but it always downloads 10.0.3.6. I see that they said they fixed it but its still not working for me. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by NOKNOT View Post
          Could you please share what you did to correct BitDefender, I am having the same problem. I have tried to reinstall 4 times and cannot get it to work. Tried to download a later version but it always downloads 10.0.3.6. I see that they said they fixed it but its still not working for me. Thanks
          Did you try adding dvdfab to bitdefender exception list ??
          And are your virus definitions and program up to date ??

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
            Did you try adding dvdfab to bitdefender exception list ??
            And are your virus definitions and program up to date ??

Thanks for the quick response. I really am at a lost of how to do that, that was why I was hoping electroplater would post a link to the thread he mentioned. If they have updated the download as they said, I dont understand why it still is not working right. MalwareBytes also will not allow download.

Comment

hi,

The new installer is named DVDFab_10026 when downloading from
              In DVDFab download center, you can find and download free full range of products including DVDFab 13, StreamFab, MusicFab, Passkey, UniFab, etc.

Wilson
              Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 04-27-2017, 01:34 PM.
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by NOKNOT View Post
                Thanks for the quick response. I really am at a lost of how to do that, that was why I was hoping electroplater would post a link to the thread he mentioned. If they have updated the download as they said, I dont understand why it still is not working right. MalwareBytes also will not allow download.
                See here - https://www.bitdefender.com/support/...2017-1784.html

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
                  hi,

The new installer is named DVDFab_10026 when downloading from
                  In DVDFab download center, you can find and download free full range of products including DVDFab 13, StreamFab, MusicFab, Passkey, UniFab, etc.

Wilson
                  The page that the link you gave me has installer 10.0.3.6
                  Attached Files

Comment

The link is correct Wilson just made a typo that's all.

Comment

Still did not work. This is the 5th time I have installed and uninstalled. Everytime, the installation fails to install a desktop icon. Whenever I go to all my programs and try to open it I get this message about a missing DVDFab exe. I have no DVDFab folders to search for the exe. file. I have nothing to exclude for BitDefender. This is getting very frustrating. All worked well until 10.0.3.6. Now it will not install anything. I have disabled BitDefender before installing. Is there a link to get back to version 10.0.3.5? I tried it yesterday but it kept downloading 10036.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Are you running dvdfab " as administrator "
                        Also try doing a clean Uninstall of dvdfab and run
                        a good registry cleaner Restart your computer and
                        try reinstalling Dvdfab.
                        Last edited by october262; 04-27-2017, 06:54 PM. Reason: Dvdfab

Comment

Are you using the custom installation? did you change the folder where you want Fab to install? you can try using custom install installing to a different folder if you didn't already.

Comment

I have tried all those. After every uninstall I have run CCleaner and deleted all DVDFab listings from registry that I could find. I found the DVDFab folder in Program Files (86). I am guessing the exe file is the one named FabCopy.exe, which I have tried to open to no avail, it does nothing. I really think it is the installation package. Is there a way I can get the download link for version 10035. Thanks.

Comment

Dvdfab under application is the run file the short cut is in that folder also.

Comment

Working...
                              X