No announcement yet.

DVDFab patch for SSE2 download!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From DVDFab Staff DVDFab patch for SSE2 download!

NOTE: The patch is only for the CPU which not support SSE2.

Patch for DVDFab9 old version
    For DVDFab9: http://www.dvdfab.cn/download/DVDFab9Patch.exe

For DVDFab9 US: http://download.dvdfab.cn/DVDFab_9_US_Patch.exe

Patch for DVDFab V9160 or later:
    For DVDFab9: http://download.dvdfab.cn/testing/DVDFab_9_Patch.exe

For DVDFab9 US: http://download.dvdfab.cn/testing/DVDFab_9_US_Patch.exe

FAQ for SSE2 patch (Thanks for signals' help!)

*What is this patch designed to help?
    It is for PCs with older CPUs.

*How can I tell if I need it?
    If the DVDFab GUI starts and runs normally, you do not.
    If you get a crash report (see below) when starting DVDFab, you need it.
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: DVDFab.exe
    Application Version: 9.1.5.0 (this number may vary)
    Application Timestamp: 53119270(this number may vary)
    Fault Module Name: qt5gui.dll
    Fault Module Version: 5.2.0.0(this number may vary)
    Fault Module Timestamp: 52cb6571(this number may vary)
    Exception Code: c000001d
    Exception Offset: 000065d4
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48(this number may vary)
    Locale ID: 1033(your number may not match this)
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

*What does it do?
    It patches DVDFab so that it can run on CPUs that do not support the SSE2 graphics instruction set.

*Which CPUs exhibit the problem?
    Generally Pentium 4 or earlier, but there many are older Intel and AMD models that do not support SSE2.
    More information is available in Wikipedia

*If I am not sure about my CPU, can I just install the patch anyway?
    No, this is not recommended, as it will make the DVDFab GUI sluggish and unresponsive if the patch is applied when it is not required.
    If you are not sure about your CPU, you can check it with by CPU-Z (It’s a free tool).
    Look for “SSE2” in the “Instructions” box as shown below.

*Does applying the patch once fix it forever?
    No, new versions of the patch will be released as needed. And you will need to re-install the patch after every install or update of DVDFab.

*What should I do if still get the crash after installing the patch?
    Please start a new thread in forum or send email to mona@dvdfab.cn
    More information is need. e.g. DVDFab log file, CPU-Z screenshot, better to attach the crash report file.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 08-06-2014, 03:43 AM.
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

xp patch for sse2

will there be a SSE patch for XP made that will work with the newer versions of 9.2xx?? I can not get the old version 9 patch to work with 9.2.1.9, 9.2.2.3 so I'm sure it will not work with 9.2.2.4 or later versions. I have been able to get dvd9US to work with 9.2.1.8 but nothing newer. I hate the newer versions of Windows, and can't afford the upgrade anyway. Is there anyway of getting a patch update??

Comment

Originally posted by egghead View Post
      will there be a SSE patch for XP made that will work with the newer versions of 9.2xx?? I can not get the old version 9 patch to work with 9.2.1.9, 9.2.2.3 so I'm sure it will not work with 9.2.2.4 or later versions. I have been able to get dvd9US to work with 9.2.1.8 but nothing newer. I hate the newer versions of Windows, and can't afford the upgrade anyway. Is there anyway of getting a patch update??
      if you are still using the dvdfab 9.x.x.x US version please uninstall
      it and install the regular international version instead. make sure
      that you are running service pack 3 with all available updates installed.
      and you install dvdfab "as administrator"

Comment

sse2 patch

I'm running version 9.2.1.8 international with a patch on xp sp1 and have been running ver 9 for a while with no problems at all. but with versions 9.2.1.9 thru 9.2.2.4 the patch will no longer work. The patch installs with no errors but when starting dvdfab I get the kernel error popup.
        And as I stated, I can not upgrade this unit or afford a new one and do not like the new versions of windows. So if there is no patch update I guess I can just kiss dvdfab software and money spent... goodbye

Comment

Might consider updating your OS. Just sayin'... I will ask the developers what the status is of this. Unless you want a PC that looks and works (sometimes) like a cellphone, stay away from 8,8.1 and 10.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

thank you for checking on this for me. hope to hear back soon.
            the tech support has been great... keep it up

with my computer, I have never had any problems... and like they say; if it is not broken don't mess with it. even my cellphone is a brick, some 15+ years old (no problems EVER except the battery has to be charged more often now)
            other's that I know just HAS to have the latest of everything and they are constantly complaining about something

Comment

are your graphics card drivers up to date??

Comment

Still checking on this egghead.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi,

DVDFab does not have any Qt update in recently months. Would you please do a testing for the issue?

Please install DVDFab 9218 and the sse2 patch first, it should be work.

Goto the DVDFab 9218 installation folder and then copy out all the Qt files & libEGL.dll, libGLESv2.dll.

Then install the latese DVDFab 9226 to a new path and then copy the files (Qt files & libEGL.dll, libGLESv2.dll) to 9226 installation folder.

It should be the other problem if it still not work.

Wilson
                  Attached Files
                  Please post your logs the default location is:
                  For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                  For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                  If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

qt/sse2 patch

Thank you very much
                    replacing the files worked

you and your staff are the best

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
                      Hi,

DVDFab does not have any Qt update in recently months. Would you please do a testing for the issue?

Please install DVDFab 9218 and the sse2 patch first, it should be work.

Goto the DVDFab 9218 installation folder and then copy out all the Qt files & libEGL.dll, libGLESv2.dll.

Then install the latese DVDFab 9226 to a new path and then copy the files (Qt files & libEGL.dll, libGLESv2.dll) to 9226 installation folder.

It should be the other problem if it still not work.

Wilson
                      This process worked for version 9.2.2.8
                      but does not work with the new version 9.2.3.1

so I'm guessing there has been some QT file updates
                      making it no longer work for windows xp (non-sse2)

Comment

Working...
                      X