New Laptop - Odd behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) New Laptop - Odd behavior

I've just bought the latest Samsung Ultrathin with NVidia GeForce 940MX and 7th gen Intel Core I7. The device manager shows both Intel and NVidia graphics in the system, but DVDfab seems confused in that it won't let me select CUDA or Intel Qucksync for the hardware encode/decode in settings.

I'm not sure what information you need to troubleshoot this, but the drivers for the NVidia card are the latest WHCL drivers (21.21.13.7892) from NVidia's website. The Intel drivers for the HD 620 is version # 21.20.16.4541.

Do a short conversion 1 chapter then post the internal log file.Normally the Cuda card has to be removed to use quick sync I have both also and a message says so in Fab under settings for GPU.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 3dman; 03-30-2017, 02:28 PM. Reason: Added info.

Comment

Fab just crashed

I tried to do what you suggested, DVDfab crashed. I've attached dvdfab_internal.log file
      Attached Files

Comment

Update to the latest version of dvdfab - http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=30717
        And try again.

Comment

Hi Nik, go into device manager and disable one or the other graphics adapter. My laptop is setup the same way and I have better luck selecting Intel and using QuickSync on the laptop it crashes on the Nvidia?
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
            Hi Nik, go into device manager and disable one or the other graphics adapter. My laptop is setup the same way and I have better luck selecting Intel and using QuickSync on the laptop it crashes on the Nvidia?
            Unfortunately, The NVidia is the primary graphics engine, as far as I know the HD620 is only there because it's on the Core i7 chip. So I don't think I can disable the NVidia at all.

Comment

Sure you can give it a whirl.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Tried that - No Difference

Originally posted by october262 View Post
                Update to the latest version of dvdfab - http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=30717
                And try again.
                Updated to the latest version, this time the rip said it completed, but there was no usable output.

Comment

Hmm, Maybe...

Sure you can give it a whirl.
                  I'm concerned that doing that might make the laptop unbootable, and I'm not sure I want to try it just yet. I'm guessing that this graphics combo works similarly to the combo in the Surface Book 4, but nothing on Samsung's website confirms this

Comment

Suit yourself but I doubt it will ever work with both graphics adapters enabled and the light weight mobile Nvidia adapter doesn't work for me.

Albert Einstein

Comment

You can make a bootable disk with windows then try it.
                      Last edited by 3dman; 03-30-2017, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Suit yourself but I doubt it will ever work with both graphics adapters enabled and the light weight mobile Nvidia adapter doesn't work for me.
                        Thanks, I'm just waiting to hear from Samsung support.

Comment

Using computer logic if both show in device manager and no problems noted it means the drivers are present and loaded the adapter is ready to roll. I'm not saying uninstall it just disable the Nvidia and Intel will take over.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                          X