Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to encode with Main 10 (10 bit color) instead of Main (8 bit color). it is possible to adjust it manually in the profiles (x265_ABR_Fast_MKV.preset)?

Comment

Can an extra profile be created for high quality and small file size?

With another tool and custom parameters for x265, I can encode a film with a bit rate of 993 Kbps with the same quality as DVDFab with a bit rate of +5000 Kbps.

DVDFab can now encode a film of more than 2 hours in less than 45 minutes. It is no problem that it takes longer to encode with a high quality profile.

Thanks in advance

Comment

h265 not playing on Samsung TV

DVDFab 10 encoded h265 will not play on Samsung JU7500 series TV.

With a message "The selected file is not currently supported."

All h265 files I have from Fab 10 have the same error so it is not related to a specific movie.

The advanced settings used are h265 Fast Encoding, High Quality, copy audio and embed subtitle vobsub format.

DVDFab 9 encoded h265 of the same movie works fine.

According to MediaInfo app report the main difference in the file headers is a reference to Matroska Version 4.

The Video codec seems the same in both files.

Is there a way to turn off Matroska Version 4 in the advanced settings?

I don't really know anything about it but the Matroska web site says "Version 4 is currently work in progress. There may be further additions to v4."

So it would be great if anything that is work in progress could be turned off either in your build or in the advanced settings options.

Attached samples of the file headings produced by DVDFab 9 and 10.
        Attached Files

Comment

I'm trying to get the size of my files down equivalent to what Handbrake can do. Right now I'm trying to rip Dexter and while Handbrake can rip an episode to around 1.6, 1.8 GB, DVDFab will create files around 2.8 - 3.6 GB using similar settings. I'm not interested in changing the audio, I'd rather keep the TrueHD so I'm copying source audio just like I'm doing in Handbrake. I'm using a Quality of 22 in both softwares and only directly rendering forced subs.

I am using High Quality too in the DVDFab settings. Would lowering this decrease the quality of my video too drastically? Also I'm using the very latest version of DVDFab. Also I have an i7 Kaby Lake and a GTX 1060. What can I do to bring the size of my files down on these for h.265 mkv? With 8 seasons using Handbrake would take forever, I need to utilize my Cuda Cores using DVDFab.

Comment

Since video quality is very subjective, I would suggest making a short conversion (using the chapter range selection in DVDFab) using the different settings to see if the smaller/faster setting is adequate for your needs. For the testing, select a chapter that is stressful to convert, i..e. one with lots of fast motion and fine detail. You can also experiment this way with smaller output screen sizes, such as 1280xX or 1024xX, which your player will upscale on the fly to 1920x1080 or whatever your display requires. This will have huge savings in conversion time and output file size if the video still looks OK to you.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              Since video quality is very subjective, I would suggest making a short conversion (using the chapter range selection in DVDFab) using the different settings to see if the smaller/faster setting is adequate for your needs. For the testing, select a chapter that is stressful to convert, i..e. one with lots of fast motion and fine detail. You can also experiment this way with smaller output screen sizes, such as 1280xX or 1024xX, which your player will upscale on the fly to 1920x1080 or whatever your display requires. This will have huge savings in conversion time and output file size if the video still looks OK to you.
              I've tried changing the quality from High Quality to Standard and it didn't change anything. There's not really any high speed since it's 8 seasons of Dexter and 6 seasons of The Sopranos. I'm also not trying to upscale either. It's 1920x1080 and I'm just keeping it like that instead of recoding to a different aspect ratio. It just seems like the Cuda cores can't compress as well as libebml + libmatroska. Not sure what else I can do?

Comment

I've been around for a long time and have enjoyed using DVDFAB for bluray ripping, Current Version 11.0.1.4

I need to keep encoding speed up since I have 200+ bluray's I want to put on my media server, have older H264 rips that need re-encoded.

Lately have upgraded video card to GTX 960 to do hardware H265 encoding/decoding

With H265 I am getting lots of blocking in darker areas even under a 2 pass high quality encode with hardware encoding / decoding ( is this because of the video card hardware encoding?)
                Any Ideas on still using hardware encoding with H265 and blocking issue?

When I do H264 2 pass (hardware) no blocking file size only a little bigger, especially since I pass through DTS

10 Bit H264 video quality is awesome, but not hardware encoding so only getting about 55fps / CRF 35fps 2 pass. H264 8 bit hardware gives me 130fps
                From Nvidia's specs the GTX-960 should encode 10 bit.H264 in hardware. (Not supported yet?)

One other issue is that I can select DTS audio with H264 but that is missing on H265,

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Godzilla62 View Post
                  I've been around for a long time and have enjoyed using DVDFAB for bluray ripping, Current Version 11.0.1.4

I need to keep encoding speed up since I have 200+ bluray's I want to put on my media server, have older H264 rips that need re-encoded.

Lately have upgraded video card to GTX 960 to do hardware H265 encoding/decoding

With H265 I am getting lots of blocking in darker areas even under a 2 pass high quality encode with hardware encoding / decoding ( is this because of the video card hardware encoding?)

When I do H264 2 pass (hardware) no blocking file size only a little bigger, especially since I pass through DTS

10 Bit H264 video quality is awesome, but not hardware encoding so only getting about 55fps / CRF 35fps 2 pass. H264 8 bit hardware gives me 130fps
                  From Nvidia's specs the GTX-960 should encode 10 bit.H264 in hardware. (Not supported yet?)

One other issue is that I can select DTS audio with H264 but that is missing on H265,

Thanks
                  first make sure that you are using the latest driver update for your graphics card.
                  also please post the dvdfab internal log files.

Comment

Originally posted by Godzilla62 View Post

Hi Godzilla62,

1. Does this "blocking in darker areas" problem happen to every different Blu-ray sources? Please list some common one, so that we can find the same one to test it out .
                    2. Please post dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file.

More information is needed, maybe related screenshots? Thanks in advance.

Comment

I'm using Ghost Busters Answer The Call, you just need first chapter or 2, Most Blu-Rays, movies with lots of action not as apparent, I'll clear out the log file later this evening and regenerate. I've updated the Nvidia drivers. Also I'm displaying this on a 55" Hisense TV, not as apparent on smaller screens. 96+ pro andriod box playback. But seen blocks on computer screen also using movie player classic 321.

I guess it's a bug fix, but ripper used to only use your physical cores now I can use all 24 threads. Converting H264 10bit at 1600x? 100fps good results as a work around. Seems the extra color makes up for loss of pixels and size.

Comment

Log Files Attached Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.jpg
Views:	1200
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	364518

Comment

Left side of screen shot all blocky, 2 pass high quality H265

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	10bitdts.jpg Views:	2 Size:	19.8 KB ID:	364530Click image for larger version  Name:	dts.jpg Views:	1 Size:	21.4 KB ID:	364531Click image for larger version  Name:	dts2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	19.8 KB ID:	364532
                            Screen shots for H264, H265, H264 10 Bit, DTS audio option missing on H265, H264 10 Bit
                            Last edited by Godzilla62; 01-24-2019, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Other Software is using the option --aq-mode 3 (is biased for dark scenes) when using ffmpeg with h265. The other software is cumbersome, have to de-encrypt bluray, then run software. 2 step process.

Comment

After much testing I was able to reduce most of the blockyness using the nvenc hardware encoder using more cumbersome software.
                                Options that seem to affect dark areas

-aq (Adaptive Quantization)
                                -aq-strength 12 (Default 8)

More testing needs to be done, but I've tried all nvenc encoding methods and this is the only thing that has yielded results.

FYI, the GTX 960 does not support 10 bit H265 hardware encoding, but 10 bit kills my Android box, it can't do hardware either.

It would be nice if we could manipulate some of nvenc options in DVDFab

Comment

Working...
                                X