Issue with ImgBurn 2.5.8.0 and work-around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ImgBurn Issue with ImgBurn 2.5.8.0 and work-around

I experienced an issue with v2.5.8.0. I have a ClickFree 2Tb back-up drive that is connected with a USB 3.0 port. When ImgBurn 2.5.8.0 started, it would select the ClickFree drive as the burner that displays in the drop-down box. As long as the drive remained connected, I could not change that choice. If I unplugged the drive, then the DVDR and BDR drives would become available. I could then burn the image, but ImgBurn would not exit properly and did not remember the drive I needed it to show in the drop-down box. I sent the logs to LUK, but he had no resolution and does not know why the issue was happening.

After a few very frustrating attempts, I succeeded in finding a work-around. If you experience this problem, do the following:

1. Start the PC with the USB drive disconnected.

2. Start ImgBurn v2.5.8.0 normally and select a burner drive.

3. Burn whatever you need to burn and then shutdown ImgBurn.

4. Shut down the PC and reconnect the USB drive.

5. Restart the PC and ImgBurn will now show the correct drives in the drop-down box and they are now selectable...

Hope this helps someone out!

-Toonces

Thanks for sharing this, a strange problem but a good solution.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X