Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Virtual Drive

Hello.

I'm hoping someone might be able to answer a question for me regarding DVDFab Virtual Drive and playing back the .iso files created by DVDFab.

Most of the time it seems to work just fine, but, now and then I'll run into a case where playing back the movie results in the image not being expanded across the screen. Everything is intact and the image is proportional, it's just that it is not being displayed across the entire screen. One test I did yesterday was to actually create a DVD, from the same image, and play that on my DVD player. When doing that it displays just fine. It seems to only be when using DVDFab Virtual Drive where this happens.

Like I said, most images don't do this but now and then it happens and I'm not sure why. I create the images the same way everytime so it's nothing I'm clicking or not clicking.

It's just kind of weird and I'm wondering why this is happening.

Anyone possibly know?

This can be a control in the software player your using or maybe it displays as it did last.You should be able to double click on the picture while playing to go to full screen.I don't think it's a virtual drive thing.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
      This can be a control in the software player your using or maybe it displays as it did last.You should be able to double click on the picture while playing to go to full screen.I don't think it's a virtual drive thing.
      Maybe I didn't explain things clearly enough but from what I've seen, and tested, I don't see what else it can be.

Most things that are played work just fine and when the same .iso is burned to DVD it plays fine that way. The software that is being used to play the movies from DVDFab Virtual Drive is just Windows Media Player. I've looked for a way to change that but I don't see anything in DVDFab Virtual Drive to set that. It's not like I'm playing a .flv or .wmv file or something like that so I don't know what is controlling which application is used. If someone can tell me how to change that, without changing anything else, I can certainly try that.

It's not that the movie isn't being played full screen. It is. The issue is that even at full screen the image isn't out to the sides. (When this happens.) That's the whole issue.

Comment

Carob
        Please list a few of the titles that exhibit this annoying behavior and the settings you used to create the ISO (and the version of DVDFab if possible). I agree with what glenns said, it is unlikely (but not impossible!) that mounting the image in Virtual Drive to play it would have this effect. The developers will need a little more information to be able to duplicate what you are seeing.

Please download and try these images with DVDFab Media Player, which does not require that they be mounted with a Virtual Drive, it plays them directly using Open File.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X