Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD to DVD DVD-DL not recognized

Hello,

I tried to convert BD to DVD9, but got the following error message.

"Media inserted in drive E: is a Blu-ray disc, but the output only need a DVD disc. Please insert a DVD format media to start the write process."

The disc I inserted is definitely DVD disc. It's a DVD-DL disc, not a BL disc. Could you give me a suggestion?

Thank you!

Well, that is certainly odd. If you have a DL that is a different brand, try that. Also, if you have ImgBurn, see if it recognizes it as a DL.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes, it's odd. ImgBurn says "Current Profile: DVD-R DL." So it's recognized as DVD DL. What can I do now?

Comment

Which burn engine do you have selected in Common Settings? Possibly try a different one. The one you are using may not have a burn strategy for -R DLs. If Img can see it correctly, should be no problem with the drive or its firmware.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

DVD-R DL are data discs, not recommended for video, the layer break is preset and you can't change it. You might get a black pause right in the middle of an action scene. Best to go with DVD+R DL blanks for movies.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm not familiar with the burn engine. Could you tell me how to modify it?

Comment

See the capture. Try a different one.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks to your help, it finally recognized the DVD-DL disc. But now I got the following error.

I/O Error!
                Cdb: Test Unit Ready
                SenseData: Illegal Mode For This Track

Now what I can do?

Comment

"Illegal mode for track" Actually is used to represent situations where a sector cannot be read because of errors reading the sector header information.90312's recommendation is a good one Dvd+r 2 layer disks for video.

Comment

You mean if I purchase a quality DVD DL, does it suffice? For example, from a renowned manufacturer?

Comment

You should get dvd+r 2 layer disks not dvd-r 2 layer disks and you get what you pay for good brands end up costing about 84 cents each or more in bulk spindles and for about a dollar each you can get 25 gig. blu ray blank disks in bulk spindles so you decide whats more cost effective for you.Prices will depend where you buy from sales are going on all the time.

Comment

Get DVD+R DL blanks instead of -R.

Comment

Working...
                        X