Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Green flashes between cuts

Hello gang,

I'm having a strange issue now with my Return of the Jedi Blu-ray. After ripping and playing back the video, there are random green screen flashes between normal cuts in the film. After re-encoding the movie, the green flashes occur again at the same time in the film. I've tried changing the output quality, but the flashes remain. I would like to preserve the MP4 format, and I've successfully copied the other 2 films in the original trilogy with no issues. Any ideas?

Dave

Hi,

Please post the log file, thanks!

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Here is the Internal Log.
      Attached Files

Comment

No ideas huh?

Comment

I have the exact same issue with the exact same movie.

Comment

So the thing that works is to check the "Copy Video" and audio boxes in Advanced. This works with either MKV or MP4 format when I tested with a subsection that was showing the green screen flashes (chapters 17-18 on the SW VI BluRay in the Star Wars: The Complete Saga box set).

The problem of course comes in with movies like this specific one that required subtitles. I previously extracted an SRT file and will see if I can rip a clean 'Copy Video' version and have it use the SRT for the Jabba the Hutt sections and get the best of both worlds.

Hopefully it works. Will report back.

Comment

Solved - MKV (non-default was what I used); "Copy Video" checked (this is what gets rid of the green screen flashes); "Copy Audio" UNchecked (or I didn't get sound for some reason - not usually a problem); save out an .SRT file of track 6 which has Jabba the Hutt's lines and name it appropriately (I was using Plex so I named the file STAR_WARS_RETURN_OF_THE_JEDI (1983).en.forced.srt). In Plex I then needed to select the .SRT for use in the settings for this movie.

This addressed the green screen flashes and got me the subtitles needed.

Comment

Working...
              X