Cinavia Workaround

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Using Product Cinavia Workaround

Given the time it takes DVDFAb to provide fixes for each Cinavia protected movie, there is a couple workarounds while waiting. The simplest is to save the movie to your hard drive and play it from there. It is not affected by the Cinavia encoding. To save to disc use the compression feature. If the original disc requires a BD-50 disc then compress it to a BD-25, and if it only requires a BD-25 then compress to a BD-9 disc. True, you aren't getting the full quality, but the compressed discs aren't bad and of course, aren't affected by Cinavia.

Originally posted by liitusa View Post
    Given the time it takes DVDFAb to provide fixes for each Cinavia protected movie, there is a couple workarounds while waiting. The simplest is to save the movie to your hard drive and play it from there. It is not affected by the Cinavia encoding. To save to disc use the compression feature. If the original disc requires a BD-50 disc then compress it to a BD-25, and if it only requires a BD-25 then compress to a BD-9 disc. True, you aren't getting the full quality, but the compressed discs aren't bad and of course, aren't affected by Cinavia.

be best to put your movies on a media player and play them that way .

Comment

Or move the main movie to an mkv passthru container if your player will accept that format.

Comment

I put all the movies I buy on a central NAS and play my collection on kodi to individual streamers to my tvs. I just noticed that after checking The Secret Life of Pets, it will no longer pull up to my streamer, could this be protection software of some sort?

Comment

Originally posted by SSCR View Post
          I put all the movies I buy on a central NAS and play my collection on kodi to individual streamers to my tvs. I just noticed that after checking The Secret Life of Pets, it will no longer pull up to my streamer, could this be protection software of some sort?
          You do not say what format you are using.

Comment

I'm doing movie only copies with no compression in ISO files. Just noticed none of my movies with Cinavia protection are showing on the Kodi loaded Amazon fire TV but do all show on my Nvidia shield... I assume an update on my Fire TV?
            Last edited by SSCR; 01-06-2017, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Forget it, I'm a big dummy. My kid hit the setting to see only unviewed movies.

Comment

How does compression remove cinavia? I was under the impression that only the video gets compressed, not the audio. I converted a movie only title that had cinavia, which was slightly over 25 GB, to a 25 GB BD-R, which obviously required some compression. Cinavia was still present on the slightly compressed backup. Could you please clarify?

Comment

If you backup a Cinavia infected disc and burn it to blank media it will have Cinavia on the backup no matter what you do unless you use the removal tool.
                  How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes, I know that. I was responding to the post at the top of this thread which seems to imply that compression removes cinavia, since the title of the thread is "Cinavia Workaround".

Comment

Compression in and of itself does not thwart Cinavia.
                      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                      X