VD install error in Win10x64 Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VD install error in Win10x64 Home

I can't get DVDFab VD to install without an error in Win10 x64 Home edition. It won't install on a bad directory error during setup:

C:\WINDOWS\Sysnative\drivers\dvdfabio.sys

An error occurred while trying to replace the existing file:
    DeleteFile failed; code 5.
    Access is denied.

In Win10 x64 Home there is no such directory as shown above. During the install, I clicked on "Ignore" and it seemed to install OK. I tested it and successfully mounted this: ubcd535.iso and I was able to see all the files.

Thanks for the feedback, you never know with Win10. You should probably run all installers using the As Administrator option in the context menu (if that still exists).
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Now, I get DVDFab Virt. Drive version is mismatched

Yes, I installed DVDFab VD as administrator, and it worked OK for this "session", i.e., when I reboot, I get the error:

DVDFab Virt. Drive version is mismatched
      Please restart your PC or reinstall DVDFab VD

every time. So, VD doesn't have the persistence to keep going, it dies after reboot. Are the Win10 x64 driver requirements that different from Win8.1 x64 or even Win7 x64? I think VD needs a little work for Win10 x64.

Comment

Is anybody out there?

These threads/posts don't seem to gather much attention from the developers.

Comment

Having the same problem here on Win10 64bit,

DVDFab Virt. Drive version is mismatched
          Please restart your PC or reinstall DVDFab VD

Comment

No fix for this yet ?

Comment

Hi All,

Please do a clean uninstall of DVDFab Virtual Drive and then download and reinstall it to try again.

Regards,
              Mona

Comment

Hi Mona,

Did as you suggested, uninstalled with revo uninstaller pro, downloaded new version, installed as admin. So far so good hopefully stays that way.
                It never went wrong straight after install it was always after using it a few times so time will tell.
                Thanks for your reply,
                Flabber

Comment

Day two from new install.
                  DVDFab Virtual Drive doesn't start again.
                  This time a different error message -
                  "DVDFab Virtual Drive version mismatched.
                  Please restart your PC or reinstall DVDFab Virtual Drive."
                  Restarts did nothing except produce the same error message when trying to start it.
                  Have reinstalled again so time will tell.
                  One thing I did update DVDFab last to latest version, 9.2.1.9, last night before turning off box for the night. I doubt that had anything to do with it but thought I'd mention it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

This is still happening from time to time.
                    Works fine for a while then for some reason won't start and when I go to start it manually I get the same error message as in above post.
                    No huge problem but it would be nice if once it was installed that was it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabber View Post
                      This is still happening from time to time.
                      Works fine for a while then for some reason won't start and when I go to start it manually I get the same error message as in above post.
                      No huge problem but it would be nice if once it was installed that was it.
                      see if it'll run under the "Windows 7 Compatibility mode" option

Comment

good idea, I'll try that next time it throws the towel in

Comment

Working...
                        X