Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Media Player 3 Pro *Never Expire*, expired??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media Player 3 Pro *Never Expire*, expired??

Hello,

Back in 2015, DVDFab offered a promotion to those of us, with a valid All-In-One lifetime license. It included Media Player 2 Pro, lifetime/never expire, to our valid licenses package, and obviously, I took advantage of the opportunity. And it has since been updated to Media Player 3. Fast forward to last week, I see that my v3.0.0.1 is expired. I contacted support and I am told that MP 3 is not part of All-In-One.

I understand that All-In-One, Passkey, (which I bought) CinaviaRemoval HD and Media Player are separate bundles. But why is my valid Media Player license expired? I'm confused

Hi mdgboxx
    Please give this a read through http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=29784
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
      Hi mdgboxx
      Please give this a read through http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=29784
      CBR929
      Hi CBR929,

Haha! Being so extremely busy is a Beetch, and I know how busy you are.

I read through all 5 pages of that link, but the thread is all about Passkey, which I gladly purchased, at the time.

My request, however, is about Media Player 3 Pro, that unexpectably changed from "never expire", from a year ago, to "expired" for some (to me) unknown reason.

Comment

Hi mdgboxx
        My bad!!! Have you tried logging into the members center and try to see if you can reactivate it???
        Last edited by CBR929; 12-21-2016, 08:30 PM.
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
          Hi mdgboxx
          My bad!!! Have you tried logging into the members center and try to see if you can reactivate it???
          Hello CBR929,

I did go to member's center, and tried to reinstall MP3 using the download button, to no avail. It still reads "expired*

I then contacted support and this is the reply I received:

It seems you have a free key for DVDFab Media Player?

You can still use that key to register DVDFab Player3.

If you have lost it we can not send it again since we do not giveaway that product anymore.

Any questions in future, please feel free to contact us.

Something is really, really wrong here. I have a lifetime MP3 Pro license.
          It has been disabled, through no fault of my own. It is, obviously, a mistake by DVDFab. (Hey, it happens, I got it) Fab support admits that there was such a "giveaway", as in *Gift of a lifetime*...Did I die last week, and nobody dared to notify me?
          But, now, I am told that Fab can't make it right???
          I am not asking for a freebee, I am simply requesting that Fab corrects it's error, by reactivating my MP3 Pro, lifetime license.
          Again, IMHO, something is really, really wrong here.

Comment

DVDFab Media Player - Version 3

Did you uninstall Media Player at some point? Or do something to your registry to negate the license entry for Media Player?
            Did you save your "key" file which was emailed to you when you signed up for the free lifetime Media Player program? I expect that is what you need to re-activate your program on your computer. The file name probably starts with "key.".

Comment

Originally posted by Rich86 View Post
              Did you uninstall Media Player at some point? Or do something to your registry to negate the license entry for Media Player?
              Did you save your "key" file which was emailed to you when you signed up for the free lifetime Media Player program? I expect that is what you need to re-activate your program on your computer. The file name probably starts with "key.".
              Hi Rich86,

My comp crashed a few months back, due to an issue with my internet provider.
              I had no problem reinstalling my AIO, Passkey and MP3 Pro, all lifetime, at the time. Last week, I noticed that my Media Player was expired.

So, no, I can't see where I could have done something or anything to negate the license entry, although I asked myself that same question. lol

I contacted support again, and talked to another Fab agent. We'll see what develops.

Thank you for responding,

Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Comment

My only suggestion is to do a search on your hard drive and track down that "key." file to double click on and thus update the registry with your license. But if that file is lost, then it is a problem.

Comment

Final update

I called out to the best of the best. Our very own, Mona.

She graciously resolved my issue. Please, keep in mind, that she didn't have to.

Thanx to all who responded. I truly appreciate the help.

Allow me to take this opportunity to wish you all, a very Happy New Year 2017
                  Last edited by mdgboxx; 12-27-2016, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Same to you mdgboxx
                    Originally posted by mdgboxx View Post
                    Allow me to take this opportunity to wish you all, a very Happy New Year 2017

Comment

i am also going threw the samething as mdgboxx and my copy also says expire

how can i fix this matter

Comment

You can check the license in your account at the Member Center on the DVDFab website, here: https://secure.dvdfab.cn/member.htm?...rackID=navmenu If it shows expired there and should not, use the Contact Us link to send a message. If it shows Never Expire there, there is a problem with the internet connection that Player uses to verify the license. Note that this is an old thread, please start a new one next time, they are free.
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

i looked in my members area and do not see it listed in there and i know i got the free lifetime promotion
                          i got the all in one as well
                          Last edited by signals; 07-24-2017, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X