Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D ISO cannot start within WMC

I have installed mymovies + virtual clone drive + media player 3.0.1
    I have copied all dvds as raw VOB and blueray as raw and they play when started withim WMC
    I have created ISO for 3D movies and when called from WMC, ii get error: TO PLAY THIS DVD YOU MUST FIRST INSTALL A PLAY BACK APPLICATION THAT SUPPORTS BLUERAY DISC. Media player can play the 3D ISO if I select it from within media player interface so it is not an ISO or player issue.
    How can I get the 3d iSO playing from wmc interface which calls media player
    Do I have to copy 3d as raw too?
    PS: I copied all files using DVD or BLUERAY ripper from DVDFAB.

To play a 3d movie in full 3d like on 3d movie disk you must have a 3d software movie player like Power dvd or a external 3d blu ray player or a 3d external media player.Windows and Fab media player can't play this type of 3d movie in full 3d but can play in regular 2d.

To play a 3d movie in 3d side by side format this is a format that you can make with blu ray ripper a 3dmkv for example from a full 3d store brought movie.Most blu ray software players can play this type of 3d file but you must have a 3d tv to view it on to see it in 3d with 3d glasses.The 3d tv turns the 2 side by side pictures in this type file into a 3d picture.The 3d tv must be set to side by side 3d mode in the 3d tv's settings.

You said something about dvd's Fab can make the side by side 3d disks on regular dvds compressed from a store brought 3d blu ray or 3d iso.

Comment

thanks for quick and helpful reply. i guess there are two issues here
      1. i just bought fap madia player thinking it cam play the 3d movie as is and it cannot. i have a 3d capable Panasonic tv with 3d glasses. i have avatar 3d blueray so i used dvd ripper to create the iso i age of the original 3d blueray
      i can open the iso and it plays in 2D as you explained. according to what you said other software players can play this without ripping this in a side by side format. i like to know when fap player will catch up in this feature

2. i have other dvds which i have ripped both the 2d and 3d copies. the 2d copy can be started from wmc fine. however the iso ripped copy gets the error i documented

i use virtual clone drive but obviously there is an issue with mounting and then playing is0 from wmc, as i said i can play the is0 from the fap player but in
      2d format.

can anyone from fap answer no.1 and i leave it to experts in the forum to answer 2.

thanks again for all your help.

Comment

You must load the iso into virtual drive then see if it will play that way Fab media player doesn't need virtual drive to play a iso but it may from inside windows media center. i don't know that program well but t doesn't play regular iso's on it's own.The internet is your friend do a search on it and many answers will come up on how to play iso's from WMC.Now 3d iso's may not work at all as it doesn't do 3d.

If you have 3d ripper making side by sides 3d may work in that program as they work in most players.

As far as full 3d support in Fab media player 3d fans have been waiting a long time for it only Staff can answer this question so what say you MR Fengtao your last post on it about a year ago says it will be supported in the future.

Comment

thanks mate. I gave done fair bit of looking into various forums before. as i9 said it plays everything fine but 3d seems to be a pain but not that many 3d films anyway.
          most forums recommended ripping as iso but then I hit the issue with loading iso first and then fap player plays as 2d which is ridiculous.
          I try the side by side but my Panasonic 3d tv has no such option. it uses expensive 3d glasses which is not the same as the cheap ones in the cinema or LG TVs.
          I give that a go but very disappointed with FAP player saying it can do 3d but not natively. surely this is almost mis selling the product
          one last question. within wmd it calls fap player and it plays the movie. if I exit fab player by clicking the X then control is back in wmd. if I just stop the movie then it stays in fap player interface which is no good. before I had TMT and that had exit routine that passed control to wmd gracefully. I tried both fab and power dvd 16. I opted for fab player as I could at least exit out.
          is there a way to tell fab player that stop means exut and pass back to wmd?

a lot of mymovies and wmd users have the same issue and looking for allternatives to TMT which is no longer available

thanks

Comment

I don't know the answer to your last question mate but a little searching the Panasonic page shows Panasonic's can do side by side 3d movies you need to use the 3d menu and read this from that page.

When I change to a 3D broadcast on Sky, the television shows me a side-by-side image instead of a 3D image. How do I get a 3D image?
            Current Sky boxes are only HDMI 1.3, so they do not send a signal to the television to tell it to switch into 3D mode (this is only possible with HDMI 1.4). Therefore, the television setting will need to be changed manually. This can be done by pressing the 'Viera Tools' button on the television remote. Select '3D' and press 'OK'. In the '3D Settings' menu, select '3D Picture Format' and use the right arrow button to change the setting to 'Side by side'. Press 'Exit' to exit from the menu and put on your active shutter glasses to see the 3D image. After watching the 3D program this setting will need to be changed back to 'Auto' for viewing of 2D images.

See your manual for exactly how your model works this is for the Viera models for side by side 3d some manuals are on line on their page also.

Comment

I testing with ISO readers and to be honest it did not create the automate experience I have with other DVDs without ISO. I gave up after couple days of testing ISO files.
              I have tried BlueRay 3D ripper and created MKV h265 side by side from the Bluray disc itself. It took a long time to create the MKV and it worked. yes I have to manually set the TV to Side by Side mode as it does not detect the signal automatically but that is not the issue here
              My problem was that it copied with the subtitles and I could not get into the MENU to turn it off !
              I am now trying to rip from the COPIED ISO but with NO Subtitle option and see if that produces what I need.
              This is disappointing as I need the BLURAY COPY to create a backup ISO and then I need to RIP MKV to play it.
              If I had a lot of 3D movies I would ask for my money back and buy some other software player that play 3D ISO directly

I have also emailed this as a feature and complain and got nothing back yet in the last 3 days.

Hope the developers are listening as I may still ask for the money back on the Player and not bother buying the Ripper either

Comment

In 3d ripper don't use the MKV 3d h265 profile unless you really want smaller files that take a long time to make unless you have a power cuda card.

I use the regular 3d MKV 264 profile it''s much faster at converting side by sides in 3d and can use cuda or Intel hd graphics to speed things up for making 3d side by sides in h264 using the regular 3d Mkv profile

I would have thought Fab media player would be able to do full 3d by now as you want as 3 years ago this is what was said when Mr Fengtao was asked on 11-23-2013.

Old 11-23-2013, 03:09 PM
                DVDFab Architect

3D support should be added soon, please be patient, thanks.
                Last edited by 3dman; 09-19-2016, 05:42 PM. Reason: corrections

Comment

I have created the 3D MKV file and it was 70% faster but still took a good 10 Hours on Avatar. As I said it is crazy to have a player that cannot play my ISO like TMT or others do. TMT is pretty much dead and that is why I invested in FAP Player but we need better support than this.

Can someone from DVDFAB please make an official comment as to why 3D support is not as advertised? I need to create a backup of DVD with DVDCOPY as ISO but why can't I play it like all other market leading player can?

One last thing, When I play the side-by-side MKV file, I cannot seriously control the PLAY, PAUSE, REWIND, FORWARD on the screen as they are shifted somewhere off the screen to the right. So I actually do not have that much control unless I put the TV in 2D mode and then I can control the movie. This is not really acceptable either.

Thanks again for everyone's support. This is why I decided on FAB player

Comment

Give this a good look I think it's exactly what you need and they have a 3d player also read it all before you download it. I couldn't get it on my computer both windows and Norton red flagged the download when i ran it and Norton removed it because it had very few users and found that unsafe.

I found it talking to Marty the Britt another forum member in another topic.Maybe by turning off your security program just for this download maybe that will work.You may have different luck I tried the full version for 64 bit systems and the version you may want could be different.I tried with different links but same thing happens.Here's the main link.

Last edited by 3dman; 09-21-2016, 10:57 PM.

Comment

When in side by side 3d mode during playing a move right click mouse, menu comes up scroll to playback click it their is the settings you want close left eye while doing this for clear menu.

Comment

I would never stop my security app unless I was 110% sure of the source and this does not sound like a secure source. Not to mention that I did download a codec from what looked like a good secure source and strangely my HT PC got completely fried last month and had to reinstall it from scratch and I learnt my lesson.
                        I have a few 3D films but I won't spend the money on buying the Ripper just for a few films, specially when the Fab Player should play the ISO

We still need an answer from the developers in this forum please !!!
                        WHEN ARE WE HAVING PROPER 3D SUPPORT USING ISO IMAGE ?

I have also emailed the Fab support and got nothing back. I bought FAb products because we get reasonable support.

Comment

I would like staff to answer the question also but being their not i assume they spread themself to thin and have no time for 3d improvements so here's what Marty said about the program I told you about.

You can get it directly from; http://shark007.net/
                          This guy has been around for a long time, the downloads are safe. Norton is just being over cautious because a lot of people haven't downloaded it. I think Norton has the option to restore the file and mark it as safe

Comment

Working...
                          X