no audio on HDMI with VoodooHDA driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no audio on HDMI with VoodooHDA driver

running Yosemite with GTX670 and VoodooHDA driver which has 4 "hdmi digital audio" selections (also the green back connector). With the HDMI cable in the HDMI connector only the 2nd "hdmi digital audio" works. Audio using the green (analog) is terrible so HDMI is preferred. I assume the other 3 "hdmi" selections refer to the display connector, the DVI-I and DVI since the GTX670 has 4 digital outputs.

Youtube videos play and sound fine over the HDMI but your media player (30 day eval) has no sound when loading a local bluray iso. Selections for media player audio preferences are: analog, digital and hdmi. It seems to me the selections should match the VoodooHDA driver: 4 hdmi and the "green connector" where I can pick the 2nd hdmi for the audio out. In any event, none of the 3 preferences work.

Anyway, I am at a loss to get the audio to work over the HDMI. I assume the audio is enabled on my 30 day trial and since the youtube audio works fine it seems there is incompatibility with the VoodooHDA driver.

yes, this is a hackintosh

Thanks for looking, any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by BeemerBiker; 10-06-2016, 03:23 AM.
Working...
X