Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does dvdfab player support closed caption?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does dvdfab player support closed caption?

Not subtitle, I mean closed caption, which comes from audio track.
    ie. https://www.amazon.com/CSI-Crime-Sce.../dp/B000B8IA08
    this one claimed to have closed caption, however, I couldn't enable it from dvdfab player menu

Are you just playing the store brought disk or did you copy it?
    Does the closed captions play in a regular dvd player or other software player?

Comment

I tried both store disc and copy of it, there are no closed caption option in player menu. and powerdvd 16 can display closed caption (it has separated closed caption/subtitle menu) from copy and disc

Comment

Have you tried switching audio tracks to another English track to see if it's the one your looking for.?

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
          Have you tried switching audio tracks to another English track to see if it's the one your looking for.?
          Neither audio tracks has closed caption option displayed, and of course no closed caption shown

Comment

Please try it on a regular outboard dvd or blu ray player to see if their on the store brought disk also post the internal log file just for this disk.

Comment

Please try it on a regular outboard dvd or blu ray player to see if their on the store brought disk also post the internal log file just for this disk.
              1. what is outboard dvd player mean? The disc has closed caption on playerstation3, and powerdvd 16.
              2. where is internal log?
              3. since there are no closed caption options at all in dvdfab media player, I guess this feature is not supported.

Can this post seen as feature request?

Comment

Is this the same as descriptive sound playing along with regular movie audio if so if its on the movie then Fab media player can play it. 2 examples of movies having this type of soundtrack is Frozen and Despicable me 2 both play this audio just in settings use the audio box pull down and select the 2nd English sound track.
                Last edited by 3dman; 11-13-2016, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Is this the same as descriptive sound playing along with regular movie audio if so if its on the movie then Fab media player can play it. 2 examples of movies having this type of soundtrack is Frozen and Despicable me 2 both play this audio just in settings use the audio box pull down and select the 2nd English sound track.
                  It is not audio or sound track. It is another form of subtitles. This kind of subtitle actually used by TV broadcast over the air.

You can enable it from live TV programs if they provide it.

When some tv shows goes to disc, they don't use subtitles, but same way as what they do during air time to provide users subtitle

Comment

btw. I think most traditional standalone dvd player don't have the feature, because it supposed to be extracted by TV set from audio it received.

However, dvdfab player is working on a PC, not a TV set. So, it is up to player's job to provide CC.

Comment

I think you need a CC decoder built into tv's to decode it.Why is regular subtitles not good enough, you can turn them on and off or descriptive sound on some movies?
                      You can put in a feature request for a software version of the decoder but the law says they don't have to put the CC on recorded media so only a few would have it I would think.
                      Last edited by 3dman; 11-21-2016, 04:33 AM.

Comment

I think you need a CC decoder built into tv's to decode it.Why is regular subtitles not good enough, you can turn them on and off or descriptive sound on some movies?
                        You can put in a feature request for a software version of the decoder but the law says they don't have to put the CC on recorded media so only a few would have it I would think.
                        I believe most of tv sold in US has CC decoder build-in, since my super cheap 20" crt tv set had it. However, obviously monitors for PC doe't have it.

Comment

There's another problem the problem is that the HDMI and componenet cables cannot carry closed caption information.Your cable box or sat. receiver may also be able to receive CC but you must refer to their hook up plan to receive them it's likely to be a coax only solution.I don't know how Power dvd does them if it decodes them or passes whats on the disk to the display device or how to get around the cable issue that doesn't pass them.

Comment

Check this out for $30 possible solution cc box with modulator for computers.

Comment

There's another problem the problem is that the HDMI and componenet cables cannot carry closed caption information.Your cable box or sat. receiver may also be able to receive CC but you must refer to their hook up plan to receive them it's likely to be a coax only solution.I don't know how Power dvd does them if it decodes them or passes whats on the disk to the display device or how to get around the cable issue that doesn't pass them.
                              This has nothing to do with HPMI.
                              PowerDVD has this feature, certainly dvdfab can.
                              The CC is embed in audio stream, and need decoder to retrieve it.
                              Most of TV set sold in US has the decoder, however, not PC monitor/laptop screen. For pc/mac users, we need media player to decode the CC from audio stream and render it to video.

Comment

Working...
                              X