Deathly Hallows Pt 1 BD will not back up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deathly Hallows Pt 1 BD will not back up

I am having a problem making a backup of HP and the Deathly Hallows Pt 1. I terminated my most recent attempt after waiting almost 56 min for the file to process. Once I looked at the log (attached) I realized that it had been showing a read error since about minute 5, but there was no error message displayed by DVDfab. This is the latest of many attempt to backup this file; I have tried Copying as an .iso file to the hard drive, tried saving to disc and all of the attempts have failed or the program has stopped responding at one point or another. I note that it takes much longer than other titles for the program even to start reading the disc. I even deleted the prior version of DVDfab and installed the latest version thinking that might solve the problem, but pretty much the same result. Would appreciate any suggestions.
    Attached Files

If you're getting a read error try cleaning the disc and
    Inspect the disc for defects / scratches.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have already tried cleaning it more than once. There are no visible defects or scratches, the disc has not been abused and is as clean as possible.

Comment

Does your bluray drive have the latest firmware update ??
        I would also try clicking common settings - av codec and switch everything to software and restart dvdfab and try the disc again
        Last edited by october262; 01-18-2017, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Also good suggestions. I ran the drive firmware updater and it says I have the latest firmware. The a/v codecs were already set to "software". I did try the "disable GPU" setting, thinking that might give me a different result, but I still got the read error message; log is attached. Disc plays fine but won't read in DVDfab to copy. I have tried a different BD drive with basically the same result.
          Thanks for the advice, though.
          Attached Files

Comment

Is your graphics card drivers up to date ?

Comment

That was a good call. The graphics driver did need to be updated. Unfortunately, following the update I tried running the program again and got basically the same result, with a read error about 5 minutes in. No warning in DVDfab, however. The read just stalled (I could hear the drive shut off) and when I checked the log it showed the read error. I'm going to play the movie again and see if the disc has developed some flaw that can't be seen and after that I think I will admit defeat. Thanks for your help.

Comment

I watched the original disc (well I might have fast forward through some of it) and it played fine, so I do not think that the read errors were a function of flaws in the disc. Turned out that what worked for me was to use another program to create an .iso of the disc on my hard drive and then to use DVDfab to extract the main movie and create a BD25. The other program had no problem at all reading the disc and DVDfab had no problem creating the backup disc from the .iso. I can only speculate that perhaps my computer doesn't have enough processing horsepower to handle the job of decryption and creating a new file all at the same time, although I would think that the resulting error message would be something other than a "read error". Or perhaps there is some incompatibility between DVDfab and my BD drives, although I have used the program with these drives to create a number of other discs. This particular disc also has a bunch of BD-Live content, and I have noted problems processing other discs with that content, although never a complete refusal as with this one.

Comment

As luck would have it I was also backing up my Deathly hallows part 1 and have seen the exact same issue.

At first I Was getting some sort of permissions error, then I ran DVDFab (same version 10.0.2.0) as administrator and got further... but it is now stalled at 77% for the last 12+ hours. I set it to copy and went away to do other things... don't judge .

All my updates/drivers etc are updated.

fwire

Comment

Try the tip in post #7 - http://club.myce.com/f116/dvdfab-hanging-6-99-a-331316/

Comment

Working...
                    X