This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making a backup of the movie only?

Hi people. I’ve been using DVDFab paid version for quite a while now, and enjoy it. I’ve been able to make countless backups of my original DVD’s, without any problem. But I’d like to know if it’s possible when backing up only the “main movie”, if you can somehow include: “chapters or scene select” also? It’s nice having a chapters list so you can go to anywhere you like on the movie. I know you can jump around like this with your DVD remote, but I like it better when you can view and select the chapters on the screen.

If anyone knows if it’s possible and how to do it, I’d truly appreciate it?

Thanks for your time,
    John

Use customize mode. It keep the menu and main title
    Last edited by Dora; 02-04-2017, 02:49 AM.
    User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

I have made a few main movie backups using custom, and have always checked the "main movie" only. Is there any other item I should check, so that chapters will be included with my backup?

Comment

Uncheck remove menu option in settings.
        You can view and slelect from menu ->scene.
        User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
        For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
        For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
        For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

I don’t have the option: (remove menus settings) in settings where you click on the green arrow. All I have is under “Removing”: (Remove menus, play the titles continually) and it’s already “unchecked”, but when I make a backup, it’s just the main movie without any chapters included.

Comment

Here's a tutorial guide for customize mode - http://www.dvdfab.cn/tutorial/DVD-to-DVD-Customize

Or try dvd creator - http://www.dvdfab.cn/tutorial/dvdfab-dvd-creator
            Last edited by october262; 02-04-2017, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Thanks, Dora and october262 for taking the time and trying to help me. Apparently the customize setting is what I’m looking for to create the backup I desire, but unfortunately I’m doing something wrong there, where I’m only backing up the movie without scene select or chapters included.

I’m going to download and take a look at the tutorial for customize mode that you have mentioned, october262. Thanks for posting the url. Hopefully I’ll be able to find what I’m doing wrong and correct the problem. When I do, I’ll get back to you.

Thanks again, friends for the help.
              John

Comment

Well I read the tutorial and all my settings were the same as listed. I again went through settings etc., to look for anything that might be checked that wasn’t allowing chapters or menus to be included with the main movie when using customize mode, but couldn’t find anything wrong.

When I do a backup using Customize, there’s always a list of entries in the area of “drag and drop”, and the main movie has a checkmark or dot next to it. I don’t know if I need to add another entry to the main movie that includes menus?

I have various versions of DVDFab installed on my PC. Though older, they have worked flawless for me, so like the saying goes: “if it isn't broken……..” But maybe I’ll look for a newer, stable version and try it, and see what happens.

Thanks again for trying to help.
                John

Comment

This option has been available in every version of DVDFab back to at least v5. If you will tell us which version you are using, we will be able to tell you where it is. This is a guessing game otherwise.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

No problem. I'm using version 8185Qt. Though old, it has worked flawless for me.

I've also downloaded a newer version of DVDFab just in case I start to have trouble with this version. Only problem is, I don't know how to insert my Lifetime license key. Maybe you could possibly help me here too?

Thanks for your time.
                    John

Comment

Originally posted by 38 Special View Post
                      No problem. I'm using version 8185Qt. Though old, it has worked flawless for me.

I've also downloaded a newer version of DVDFab just in case I start to have trouble with this version. Only problem is, I don't know how to insert my Lifetime license key. Maybe you could possibly help me here too?

Thanks for your time.
                      John
                      See here - http://www.dvdfab.cn/how_to_register.htm

Comment

Well I found how to activate the newer version of DVDFab. All is O.K. there, just have to read the tutorial to learn how to use it. It is quite different then your older Versions, and to be frank, I don't like it as much, but that's just my opinion. But I'll give it try and some time to grow on me.

Comment

As you have discovered, newer discs have new protection schemes that require new versions to decrypt. These are the facts.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                          X