Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New! DVDFab 10 for Linux is released out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New! DVDFab 10 for Linux is released out.

Hi All,

Our first version of DVDFab for Linux gets released!

Being an Alpha version, there might be some functions that still cannot work properly for the time being, some features even might be missing as for now, but they will be polished through the course of upcoming releases.

Download from: http://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB_LINUX

How to Install on Linux:
    - Open Terminal
    - Run chmod +x DVDFab_linux.run
    - Run ./ DVDFab_linux.run

Tested OS: the Alpha version has been tested on the Ubuntu system only as of now, but you can also test it on other versions of Linux.

What to Try:
    Copy a Blu-ray in Full Disc and Main Movie modes
    Copy a DVD in Full Disc and Main Movie modes
    Convert videos in the Converter module
    Produce a DVD or Blu-ray with the Creator module
    Convert a Blu-ray to DVD

Known Issues:
    The preview feature might not work properly as of now;
    The video edit feature might not work properly as of now;
    The Customize, Split, Merge, DVD to Blu-ray features might not work properly as of now;
    It might cause the software to freeze when compressing Blu-rays to BD25 size in certain cases.

Linux:
    MD5: F2B820DA1B20F8634AB155F68BA42EA6
    SHA1: 031CEEE7BBB8B64A92053706C84F744834A1AE46
    CRC32: 0547F84D
    Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 03-23-2017, 06:17 AM.
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Thank you for Linux DVDFab!

Hallelujah! Thank you so much for Linux DVDFab. Ever since the switch from version 9 to 10 it stopped working under Wine, and also won't work in my Windows 7 virtual machine. I've purchased a few lifetime licenses but was about to give up and consider it money lost.

By the way, since Windows 10 came out I've switched exclusively to Xubuntu for my desktop OS. Windows 10 is nothing more than a "legal" botnet and as an engineer who has always fought against spyware and malware I simply can't bring myself to submit to it. I have a dual boot system with Windows 10 installed but I never use it because logging in to Windows 10 is like being punched in the face.

Comment

Hi muncrief,
      Thank you very much for the report, it will help the development and improvement if everyone using the Linux version reported the experiences, both good and bad, that they encounter. We hope you will enjoy using it and are glad it increases the value you receive from purchasing the high-value lifetime licenses. Thanks again.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I tried the linux version on a Ubuntu installation after failing to get the Mac version to rip a DVD.

I immediately noticed that the layout was identical to the Mac version (which is distinctly different from the Windows version).

I encountered the same error (it stalled at 13%, only on linux the process eventually died).

I'm not sure where the logs are stored (i checked the DVDFab folder and /var/log) so I'm attaching the output from bash.

I will PM you with a link to download the ISO I've been trying to rip on Mac / Linux.

I can get title 6 to rip, but title 7 and on will not.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback, we will check it ASAP.

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Linux Version Command Line Implemented?

Happy Days for sure! Surprised and Very, Very happy to see you creating a DVDFAB product for Linux. Since I've just discovered it, I'll be trying it out, probably tomorrow! I can't imagine a better match, DVDFab fills a need that nothing else does at this time. An excellent opportunity!

----
            So how well is the command line supported in Linux? Commands same as windows version?

I'm crossing my fingers that support is better than in Windows. If only your team would actually clean up the 20 odd command line bugs (I'm aware of, in the windows version anyway), that would make this a truly amazing program.

Again, thanks very much!
            -David

Comment

Installed on Fedora 25

Beautiful Splash screen says: Accessing Server Information.
              And thats it. Stays onscreen forever. What port does DVDFAB10 use to access the internet, so I can add it to my firewall? I can't find any info on this in the FAB10 user manual. I also can't find any evidence that it is even trying to access the internet. When I open the firewall to everything, I see no network traffic from DVDFAB at all, and the logfile says ERROR: IServerService connot find dll.
              Internet Server Service, perhaps? Any ideas here?

-d

Here is the dvdfab_internal.log file result:
              DVDFab 10.0.2.8 (2017/05/24 20:55:45)

0m 00.00s: Init Public log: enabled.
              0m 00.00s: Init Private log: finish.
              0m 00.00s: App info: 2017-1-12
              0m 00.00s: App info: 10.0.2.8 10028 Official
              0m 00.00s: Init CrashReportSettings: enabled.
              0m 00.00s: Init DVDInfo_Log: enabled.
              0m 00.00s: app args: count 1,arg 0:/home/david/DVDFab/fab,
              0m 00.00s: Init Qt_Log: disabled.
              0m 00.07s: Profile Manager :: Begin Load Profile
              0m 00.09s: ERROR: IServerService connot find dll.
              0m 00.09s: Qt Translator file load success
              0m 00.09s: App info: client type 24.
              0m 00.09s: MobilePlay load: preload successful.
              0m 00.09s: MobilePlay load: Load successful.
              0m 00.09s: Init process: Transfer settings successful.
              0m 00.09s: GPU check: GPUAccelerate-0X0
              0m 00.09s: GPU check: GPUAccelerate setting-0X0, 0X0
              0m 00.09s: GPU check: CUDA cap-0X0
              0m 00.09s: GPU check: Support coreavc decode-0
              0m 00.09s: GPU check: Lighting shrink status-0, 0
              0m 00.09s: Init process: Load config successful.
              0m 00.09s: Init process: command line in is
              0m 00.15s: Reg check: Option check status-Failed
              0m 00.15s: Reg check: ( HD Decrypter:1:0 )-( DVD to DVD (Gold):0:0 )-( DVD to DVD:0:0 )-( DVD to Mobile:0:0 )-( Blu-ray to Blu-ray:0:0 )-( Blu-ray to Mobile:0:0 )-( File to Mobile:0:0 )-( Blu-ray to DVD:0:0 )-( DVD to Blu-ray:0:0 )-( File to DVD:0:0 )-( File to Blu-ray:0:0 )-( File Mover:1:0 )-( Blu-ray to 3D:0:0 )-( 2D to 3D:1:0 )-( Blu-ray Decrypt:1:0 )-( DVD Decrypt:1:0 )-( CinaviaRemoval HD:0:0 )-
              0m 00.15s: App info: language type ENU.
              0m 00.15s: App info: Install path /home/david/DVDFab/
              0m 00.34s: Profile Manager :: End Load Profile
              0m 15.34s: error curl post: Server returned nothing (no headers, no data)
              0m 20.53s: Reg check: thread exit timeout.
              0m 21.53s: Reg check: Option check status-Failed
              0m 21.53s: Reg check: connect failed.
              0m 21.53s: Reg check: End check info.
              0m 21.55s: Export Blu-ray source information report: enabled
              0m 21.55s: Init process: Init GPU settings successful.
              0m 30.44s: error curl post: Server returned nothing (no headers, no data)
              0m 45.55s: error curl post: Server returned nothing (no headers, no data)
              0m 45.55s: Reg check: Times of cinavia connecting error is: 2
              0m 45.55s: Reg check: Start get sys number.
              0m 45.55s: Reg check: Serial number is: 2********
              0m 45.55s: Reg check: Connect type is: 1
              0m 46.06s: Reg check: Times of connecting error is: 0
              0m 00.00s:
              Last edited by eggehad; 05-25-2017, 04:27 AM. Reason: Added dvdfab log

Comment

Does my lifetime license from my windows version transfer to this or do I have to purchase another license? Hopefully not. I'm trying to get out of Windows, and this is pretty much the last holdover (other than games) preventing me from going full Linux. I currently run it in a virtual machine and that works, but to have one that is native to Linux is nice. Keep up the great work.

Comment

Originally posted by isamuelson View Post
                  Does my lifetime license from my windows version transfer to this or do I have to purchase another license? Hopefully not. I'm trying to get out of Windows, and this is pretty much the last holdover (other than games) preventing me from going full Linux. I currently run it in a virtual machine and that works, but to have one that is native to Linux is nice. Keep up the great work.
                  you will need to purchase a new license, your windows license for dvdfab won't work - https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/...-Linux-Systerm post #5

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

you will need to purchase a new license, your windows license for dvdfab won't work - https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/...-Linux-Systerm post #5
                    Thanks. That's what I was afraid of. I've already dropped a lot of money at my lifetime licenses for the Windows versions, so I guess I'll just stick with those. Still nice to see Linux supported now.

Comment

Okay, loaded DVDFab on my Ryzen 7 PC running Ubuntu 17.04. Couple things:
                      A) The video driver for my GT1050 has to be set to the generic, not the Nvidea proprietary version. Hope this will be addressed soon.
                      B) Don't see any place to preview the files on the disk.
                      Other than that, I've ripped a couple disks (DVDs and Blurays) to MP4 and all seemed well.

I do have a question tho - I misunderstood a prompt during installation and put the program itself in ~/Video/DVDFab Can I just remove this dir and re-install to put the program in a better location?

Comment

Well, something blew up and I re-installed the program files to a better location, good deal.

Just ripped a BluRay of Bill Murray's "Stripes" to MP4, Something like 18 minutes at a peak of 132 Fps. Pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryM04 View Post
                          Okay, loaded DVDFab on my Ryzen 7 PC running Ubuntu 17.04. Couple things:
                          A) The video driver for my GT1050 has to be set to the generic, not the Nvidea proprietary version. Hope this will be addressed soon.
                          B) Don't see any place to preview the files on the disk.
                          Other than that, I've ripped a couple disks (DVDs and Blurays) to MP4 and all seemed well.

I do have a question tho - I misunderstood a prompt during installation and put the program itself in ~/Video/DVDFab Can I just remove this dir and re-install to put the program in a better location?
                          What did you do to successfully install and run this because I get a "XCB" error after installing and trying to run it. It just closes with the error. Thanks.

Comment

Per the first post in this thread, downloaded the file,switch to terminal window and: chmod 755 file, run the file (./DVDFab_Linux.run)

Do you get passed the splash screen? That's where I get hung up if I have the nVidea driver in place. That's a pain in the butt, particularly since I have another program that only work if I have the nVidea driver. So one that want the system one way, the other that wants the opposite.

Hope they get the preview part going soon, sometimes its hard to get what all the titles are. I rip a lot of TV show disks. I just ripped a 45 minute show in 11 minutes. Speedwise looks good!

Comment

What Distro are you using?
                              With Mint, it's not working with the nvidia-driver (look at my thread).
                              Didn't try Arch lately though.

Comment

Working...
                              X