The Doors...Only Ripping 50 Minutes Of The Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
    The Sony drive is 8 years old and there's never been a firmware update for it.Doe's the disk play on a computer software player on the Sony drive or doe's it also stick at the same place as on the other 2 drives?
    Are you talking about if I were to watch the movie on the computer? I don't know if I have any program that plays a DVD movie.

Comment

Does the disc stop copying on both drives or just one ??
      Have you tried slecting a different ripper format.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
        Does the disc stop copying on both drives or just one ??
        Have you tried slecting a different ripper format.
        The disk stops copying in the same spot no matter what drive I use. Only tried MP4 and MP4 4K so far. Going to download version 8 today and give it a shot.

Comment

You used the Fab previewer before just to play it on computer in the Sony drive.

Comment

You used the Fab previewer before just to play it on computer in the Sony drive.
            Yeah, with the Fab previewer, it stops in the same place when playing on the Sony USB drive. Was thinking you meant a dedicated DVD player program.

Comment

See if the Sony drive will work with the free VSO inspector program so we can do a Surface and File scan of the disk to see if it's defective run of disks being you have 2 copy's that stop in the same place.

Place the disk in the drive use fab previewer to play then still the disk from playing by left or right clicking the mouse while playing to get the controls on screen.While the disk is on still run the VSO inspector click on the bar choices click scan do a surface and file scan this will take some time and then gives a full report on the disks files and surface of the disk this will tell if defective or bad.

Comment

Here are the logs with Fab 8. The process failed with a couple different settings. Interestingly, with Fab 10, the video was output up through chapter 17. With Fab 8, there was nothing in the output file.
                Attached Files

Comment

If it passes the surface and file scan of VSO inspector then it's the copy protection as remember Fab 10 said copy and play is supported and you have just the ripper and are ripping from disk.I would have thought play in previewer
                  would work but looks not to.Did you use your free 30 day trial in the regular Fab copy program yet? If no then try it.
                  Last edited by 3dman; 03-05-2017, 11:21 PM. Reason: Added last line of text

Comment

Did you use your free 30 day trial in the regular Fab copy program yet? If no then try it.
                    Apologies for taking so long with a reply. I think I already used my 30 day trial. I ended up buying ByteCopy and was able to copy the DVD with that.

Comment

Working...
                    X