Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Slow Ripping

Hello,

I had a good working setup with DVDFab but had other issues that made me wipe my PC clean. Before the wipe it would rip DVD's at @1000fps h264 & h265 now its @100fps.

Machine specs are: GigaByte Z170X-Gaming 7, Win10 Pro 64bit, i7-6700K, 16GB Ram, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB.

I've checked for the latest NVIDIA drivers & installed 378.66. I then manually installed the chipset & SATA drivers, no difference. Device manager looked good before I started but sometimes the windows drivers aren't quite right.

At first I imported my old fab_config.xml after having issues I deleted it and started over, it didn't help.

I've attached a log file.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

When I rip directly from the disc and optical drive I'm getting 100-200fps but when ripping from a HDD folder I get 1200+fps. I know the hard drive is faster but I wouldn't think that much faster. And it could be disc specific I haven't gotten into it that much. You might , just for S&G, try main movie to the HDD and then using that as the source and see if your speed is back to what you expect.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

This may be a version of fab problem with Cuda that today's new Fab version 10.02.7 and the last few versions don't solve.Go back to version 10.0.2.2 it should be on your hard drive in downloads if you keep your installers.My Cuda speed went from over 110 fps to 41 fps in conversions with fab versions after 10.0.22.These speed are for conversion for blu rays.

Comment

Sorry for the slow response guys.

My biggest problem was a bad Blu-ray! I was starting the rip, seeing the slow fps and I would stop it. Then I was trying to copy the disk to a HDD to do the conversion. That also was giving slow transfer rates 8MBs so I would stop it just a few minutes in. Finally after some frustration I just let it go and it started at 8MBs and slowly tapper down to 0 at about 62% complete. I then put the disk in a set top player and nothing, it wouldn't read it.

Now I have some time to try again with a good Blu-ray. Ripping from the disk was again slow @100fps. I then made an ISO and did a rip from that. I'm getting @300fps. I haven't done much work with Blu-rays. My original 1000fps was from ripping a dvd ISO. I'm guessing that ripping a DVD ISO will be much faster than a Blu-ray ISO, due to size difference.

Comment

Hi,

Yes, the DVD speed is faster than Blu-ray. and the disc speed is slower than the ISO.

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X