Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FabCore.exe and FabProcess.exe contacting the internet - why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other FabCore.exe and FabProcess.exe contacting the internet - why?

Hello,

I'm using the latest DVDFab 10.0.2.9. When I first installed DVDFab 10 I noticed that only the DVDFab main program and the update programs needed to contact the internet. My Symantec firewall would only prompt to allow access for these two programs. After the first version with the "Quick Install" was released, I simply clicked on the "Quick Install" link without investigating the Custom Install options. I didn't realize that this opted me into the "user experience improvement program," which I normally decline. I noticed that after that installation, both FabCore.exe and FabProcess.exe are attempting to contact the internet. I assume this is part of the experience improvement program? I de-selected that option in the settings and still those two programs attempt to contact the internet. I uninstalled and chose to remove my personal preferences and settings, and still those two programs are attempting to contact the internet. I also noticed that my settings and preferences WERE NOT removed as I had instructed. Where are these settings buried in the registry? I've looked at all the usual locations and those under the DVDFab tree appear almost empty of settings.

I'm currently only using DVDFab to convert some PAL videos to NTSC. They are already unencrypted, so there is no reason for them to contact the internet. The problem is that my Symantec firewall keeps prompting repeatedly and queues up dialog boxes over the DVDFab interface, obscuring the ability to read all of the progress. How do I permanently stop FabProcess.exe and FabCore.exe from contacting the internet?

kevinfritz
Working...
X