Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copy disk with menus but change aspect ratio

Hi,
    I have a six disk set of a TV series with 13 episodes. There are three episodes on Disk 1 and two episodes on each of the other five disks. The aspect ratio of the originals is 4:3.

Is there a way to copy the disks but changing the aspect ratio to 16:9, while keeping the menus (choice of episode, subtitles, extras etc.)? I have DVDfab Copy, Ripper, Converter & Creator.

Any help will be appreciated.

You can try video converter - http://www.dvdfab.cn/faq/?type=video_converter#faq_1

Comment

Some TV's and projector's can do this but you end up with a stretched picture that looks bad some TV's can stretch the ends of the picture and leave the center of the picture alone but to me it looks bad also so I would just view 4x3 tv as it is.Some tv stations tried this you end up seeing short fat people it's just not good to do this.Check your TV manual to see if it allows stretching 4x3 video so you see.

Comment

I do realise this, but surely it's a matter of personal choice. I already have it in 4:3 ratio but I prefer it in 16:9. Call me strange if you want but that's how I like it!! I appreciate that you do not, but it's my choice!

With DVDFab copy, it does what the name suggests, it copies it. I have DVDFab Converter, and can convert to 16:9 but I lose the menus, subtitles etc.

I have software (VSO ConvertXtoVideo) where I can make my own menus to choose episodes, but I have to either burn the subtitles into the video or not have them available.

I'd like to use the menu options that are on the disks.

If this can't be done, fair enough, but as I said before. it's what 'I' would like!

Comment

Ok try the dvd creator here is the tutor for it check it to see if it will meet your needs.http://www.dvdfab.cn/dvd-creator.htm click on guide when you get there.
          Last edited by 3dman; 05-01-2017, 11:15 AM.

Comment

I don't know if any of the DVDFab software can do this conversion from 4:3 to 16:9 in DVD compliant format.
            I only have copy & ripper.
            It's possible that Converter might but no one has posted it will keep the menus. Or that it can convert to DVD compliant folders & files that can be burned to a DVD disc.

That being said. AVStoDVD does this type conversion from 4:3 to 16:9 in DVD compliant format.The problem is it only actually works some of the time. Meaning the new DVD compliant video will show it is 16:9 in MediaInfo but really still be 4:3 .
            If you try AvstoDVD I suggest starting with just one .vob to test.
            What I use to do this in AVStoDVD is the AVISynth crop & vertical resize function .
            It can be previewed right there as you do this.
            Another problem is AVStoDVD only creates a simple menu .
            Not as complex as you want. So choose not to create a menu with AVStoDVD.
            If after you do the complete DVD you are satisfied with the results there are a couple of softwares that can create a menu for you.

One is TitleWriter. It can do the Main,under SetUp the (Audio & Subtitle) menu & Scenes a Chapter menu . I don't think it can do an Extras menu.

The one that can add the Original Menu back in is PGCEdit .
            All functions of the original menu can be adjusted to work if they don't.
            The problem is a VERY steep learning curve.
            I have done this but it was a long while back.
            A lot of doing this is individual to the movie & original menu you are working with.
            If you try to use PGCEdit you will see what I mean.
            It took me several hours of learning to do the movie I did this with.
            I had help with one of the original contributers to the author.

Interestingly the movie I did this with was a 2 disc "Split" done by DVDFab.
            DVDFab "Merge" could not put the split back into one DVD9 & have the menu work. The Chapters weren't correct when selected.
            There were also Angle scenes in "Extras" in this movie.
            I was able to get it all working but it was difficult.

If a DVDFab software can do what you want I would like a member to post a good tutorial on doing it. It is my belief DVDFab can't.
            So once you do the copy with DVDFab copy you will need to use other software to get a menu.

Comment

Working...
            X