Forced Subtitles Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Forced Subtitles Help

I've ripped Assassin's Creed a couple of times in 3D, into a TS format. I'm getting an excellent rip visually except, no subtitles. The forced ones to be exact where they are speaking in Spanish(?). What settings do I need to get this to work. I'm Usually watching these on a Samsung Smart TV 3D. Ripped in DVDfab 9 and 10. Same result. I've tried direct render and into a seperate file, neither works.

The second set of English subs is the forced use it and direct render.

Comment

Couple of things

1. Subs can be a pain (especially forced subs), it may be the ripping process, but it maybe the player you are using for playback.

2. Different disks handle forced subs differently. Some embed the forced subs in the main subtitle track with a "forced" tag for the playback device. Some put the forced subs in a separate sub-title track which confuses things. What English subtitle tracks are included on the disk?

Comment

The translation subs may not be forced start, if the second English set contains only the translations, select only that sub stream, turn OFF Display Only Forced and select Direct Render to Video. This will produce the exact viewing experience of the theatrical release. This approach to translation subs is becoming more common, especially on Blu-rays.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I've tried both English tracks as Forced only direct render and got nothing. I will try to remove the forced only for the second track and see how that goes. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
            The translation subs may not be forced start, if the second English set contains only the translations, select only that sub stream, turn OFF Display Only Forced and select Direct Render to Video. This will produce the exact viewing experience of the theatrical release. This approach to translation subs is becoming more common, especially on Blu-rays.
            This method worked on DVDfab 9 and 10. I thank you very much.
            Last edited by Yoti14; 05-18-2017, 04:46 PM.

Comment

You are welcome, glad to hear it worked for you.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
              X