Plex does not recognize BD rips any longer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Plex does not recognize BD rips any longer

Good morning, I searched for this topic but had no luck. I have been using Plex for over 7 months with no issues, it recognizes my DVD and BD rips and works perfectly. About two weeks ago, however, the new BD rips stopped being recognized. I am using BD Ripper 10.0.4.3, and when I rip a movie I receive no errors from DVDFab, but the movie will not be seen by Plex. I have worked with Plex support and according to their tools the issue is the file isn't valid. The tool indicates that it "could not find tag for codec hdmv_pgs_subtitle in stream #2, codec not currently supported in container". I can play the rip using Windows Media Player, however. I have tried different formats (MP4, MPEG, MKV) with the same results. When I used MakeMKV I had no issue with Plex, it recognized the movie right away. Luckily my old rips are fine, this issue is just with movies I am trying to rip now. Did DVDFab change something a few weeks ago? What could cause this?

I tried the beta with no luck, I had the same results. Logs attached.
    Attached Files

Comment

If you have two versions of the same file, one recognized and one not, please scan them both with MediaInfo and supply them as well, thanks.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Wiley Jester View Post
        I tried the beta with no luck, I had the same results. Logs attached.
        1. from your log, it seems you Rippered some MKV with vobsub format subtitle,
        It seems Plex not support vobsub subtitle.
        2. we test ripper bd to mkv, with pgssub, then use mkvalidator-0.5.1 checked, it say

mkvalidator 0.5.1: the file appears to be valid
        Track #1 V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC 3911549 bits/s
        Track #4 A_AAC 445582 bits/s
        Track #2 S_HDMV/PGS 20542 bits/s
        Track #3 S_HDMV/PGS 24513 bits/s
        file created with libebml v1.3.4 + libmatroska v1.4.5 / DVDFab 10.0.4.4

Please try ripper with pgssub profile setting, then give a try in Plex,
        If not OK, Could tell us with DVDFab version works fine for Plex ? Thanks
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

you can usually tell if a rip was successful

look at the file (view as extra large icons or similar) and if you see a video then it is fine, if it is grey then the rip failed.

you will also find if the rip worked, it will open in media player (won't get audio though)

i always rip in mkv and leave settings as they are for video, audio and subtitles

I also have no problem with plex or kodi playing any movie ripped with dvdfab
          Last edited by walkerx; 07-01-2017, 11:03 PM.

Comment

I've been having a similar problem with Plex and subtitles but specifically on a Nvidia Shield (as a client only). DVDFAB rips worked fine originally but several months ago Plex/Shield started to get fussy over the subtitle stream. I can't quite put my finger on what combination of subtitle settings to use but usually Plex/Shield is unable to play a file unless I change the subtitle stream first even though the file plays file on the Windows version of Plex or on the LG TV version of Plex.

Comment

Working...
            X