CUDA acceleration not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
    Check mark lightning shrink and all Cuda for all conversions and please do a one pass to see if your Cuda is working with lightning shrink if you do what I say you may get some results otherwise I am wasting my time here.The running log during the conversion should say both are running and frame count after 2 mins. should be above 222 with one card only please.You need not do a whole conversion cancel after 2 mins. this is a test.

Our next test to see if any of your windows files are corrupted or missing and check hard disk for errors go into command prompt/administrator when their type in chkdsk/r then press enter key this will check and repair bad sectors on the disk and see if their are corrupt or missing windows files on the disk and repair them if the computer can from a list of windows files kept on the computer in a secure place.

The report will tell you everything windows did to repair itself and if it could repair it should files be missing or corrupt.This will take a long time to do on a big hard drive so do it overnight or when you won't need the computer for awhile.It cannot do this while the drive is in use so after a few seconds after you press enter the computer will tell you so and ask if you will like to do it on the next computer restart yes or no type in Y and press enter then do a restart the process will check the hard drive after restarting begins give it time maybe a hour or more depending on hard drive size the report will be given after it's done.

please dont feel like ur wasting your time. Im very grateful and thankful for all your guys help. And i wont give up until i (you ) solve the problem. I cant have spent 2000$ for 2 1080GTX and getting worsew result than a pentium 75.

I tried disabling SLI and Inactivated one card = no result. Sometimes u can see the GPU going up to 1% but i doubt thaqts DVDFab. Prob som win crap.

I made a rip without Lightning Shrink. 15 FPS pass1 - 10 FPS pass2. ill post the loggs in a few sec, its not quite finished yet. Then ill make a friends episode with Lightning shrink activated and post the loggs. will just take some time as im sure u can understand

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
      Check mark lightning shrink and all Cuda for all conversions and please do a one pass to see if your Cuda is working with lightning shrink if you do what I say you may get some results otherwise I am wasting my time here.The running log during the conversion should say both are running and frame count after 2 mins. should be above 222 with one card only please.You need not do a whole conversion cancel after 2 mins. this is a test.

Our next test to see if any of your windows files are corrupted or missing and check hard disk for errors go into command prompt/administrator when their type in chkdsk/r then press enter key this will check and repair bad sectors on the disk and see if their are corrupt or missing windows files on the disk and repair them if the computer can from a list of windows files kept on the computer in a secure place.

The report will tell you everything windows did to repair itself and if it could repair it should files be missing or corrupt.This will take a long time to do on a big hard drive so do it overnight or when you won't need the computer for awhile.It cannot do this while the drive is in use so after a few seconds after you press enter the computer will tell you so and ask if you will like to do it on the next computer restart yes or no type in Y and press enter then do a restart the process will check the hard drive after restarting begins give it time maybe a hour or more depending on hard drive size the report will be given after it's done.

Heres the first. It was made from an ISO on the pc, but ripping. So this should make things faster but no...., well here comes the logs:
      Attached Files

Comment

Second file is dont. 2 chapters made with single GPU and LS ON. Im gonna do one more run with LS OFF. But here are the logs:

PS: My bad, SLI was off but it still recognized both. Now i have disabled one and will post soon.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by HuskyPeter; 03-25-2017, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Shut down your computer and remove one of the graphics cards
          From your computer and retry using CUDA with only one graphics card
          Installed.

Comment

You still have both cards hooked up and won't run the tests so i am out of here till such time you post the required info, the way I asked for it with one pass,one card with a blu ray on the hard drive with your settings you were using before but using one pass with all cuda and lightning shrink checked.
            Last edited by 3dman; 03-25-2017, 02:06 PM.

Comment

But im encoding what u want. Im gonna do a single pass too. Just wanted to provide as much info. As for removing a card, im afraid that wont work. I had such a hell putting them in And now Gpufan is kinda standing on the GTX. Im sorry i cant take em out. But i can uninstall one card and try.

EDIT: Heres the run where i deactivated sli and inactivated the second card. It dont show up anhymore in DVDFab. But sadly same, if maybe a tiny bit better, results
              Attached Files
              Last edited by HuskyPeter; 03-25-2017, 02:19 PM.

Comment

I made a single pass, LS ON, 1 GPU and that made some change. Approx fps is now 110. Very strange, Im gonna try SLI and 1 pass and see what happens, meanwhile heres the logs:
                Attached Files

Comment

Now i made a single pass, 2 GPU SLI. And it went a little better, highest fps 221, then it went down to about 100. here are the logs:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Now try again by switching graphics cards, reinstall the one you just
                    Uninstalled and try it and Uninstall the one that you just used

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
                      Now try again by switching graphics cards, reinstall the one you just
                      Uninstalled and try it and Uninstall the one that you just used
                      But the HDMI cable goes thru GPU 1. If i deactivatte it the screen will go black. Or do u mean change the cable too? Its the same card u think theres something wrong with one? And im not happy with FPS 100 when u ppl with 1070 and 980 gets over 200. WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME COMPUTER CRAP?

Comment

How much power does your computer have ??
                        And do you have sufficient cooling. see post #41

Comment

iT HAS A 850 PLATINUM. iT COULD RUN 2 gtx980 AND THE 1080 CONSUMES LESS POWER THAN 980. SO IT SHOULD BE FINE

/sorry, caps

EDIT: cooling is quite good, thats why i wanted the strix gaming ROG card. never above 50 celcius with heavy load

Comment

The more i read this thread, the more i believe its something of a DVDFab---cRaSH---2x1080SLI Bug in their system. Someone said they dont support SLI, i mean SLI has been here for like 15 years if not more. And i dont know (but hope) that its only a problem with pascal. I think they have to fix that problem, or should i take one of my 1000$ card and put it in a drawer and stop playing in 4k just cause i wanna encode sometimes. Does that seem right? ok i can understand that moving to the new pascal and lower nm i some builds will be a problem. but now has 10 been around and dvdfab has moved to the magic number 10. and sure i went from 12 --> 20 FPS (first.pass) and 6 --> 12 FPS (second.pass). I really like DVDFab and the stand they are taking against some f***** contries and special intressts groups that try to eliminata all software that can break a DVD BD protection. No no what are u doing stewie? No copying so u can save ur disc in perfect fittness and have em on ur HDD instead? What did u say, you own it? Pff thats in your head. You own a blank plastic piece with some for yours eyes only to see. I mean God forbid we should lower acters salarys to 50000000000000000000000$, we cant do that. I mean they will starve. What do you mean we give them normal salary and then a budget of a movie would maybe drop with 100000000 f******* percent. And then we wouldnt have to spend 1 billion to go to the cinema, and then 2 billion to get it on DVD or 3 billion if u want it on Bluray. Hmmm i came a bit of the line there. What i wanna say is i admire this company and their software which is why i bought lifetime of everything in DVDFab, and now yesterday i bought their DRM removal plugin. So what i say is common staff let us hear from u. i sent the loggs to u too. Is this MY or YOUR problem?
                            Last edited by HuskyPeter; 03-25-2017, 07:15 PM. Reason: I am stupid

Comment

Try dvdfab version 9.3.2.1 -http://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm?trackID=navmenu see if it works for your cuda problem.
                              Last edited by october262; 03-25-2017, 07:47 PM.

Comment

In post #37 Fab staff has replied and said they don't support 2 cards at this time so this answers your question this is not a Fab problem.You should be able to use Cuda and lightning shrink together to maintain 200 plus FPS in a 265 conversion with ONE PASS and not drop 100FPS in the conversion.This tells me you may have a bad movie, bad card or interment connection maybe a card installed wrong or without connecting to the cards socket or the card not in it or locked down correct.Also one card could be damaged by you trying to force it into place check the pins on it and the socket it go's into.

Their is no reason to have 2 cards with Fab installed because Fab can't use the second card at this time so take it out or have a professional do so and store it till Fab does support 2 cards.Now if you have to reset your bio's for one card then do so and restart the computer.If you can't get one card to work with fab giving over 200FPS in a 265 conversion then switch over to the other card one of them should be able to maintain over 200 FPS.

After talking with Microsoft they highly recommend the test I already told you to preform to see if their are missing or corrupt windows files or bad sectors on the hard drive.
                                Last edited by 3dman; 03-25-2017, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X