No announcement yet.

CUDA acceleration not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh then it weas a staff who said it. Maybe he can tell us if such plans are in the scheme of things, or at least a fix so SLI users can be singled out to run dvdfab. I play, fallout 4, GTA V, Civ VI, All the total wars, Wildlands, Ghostrecon, All call of duty, and the computer functions as a server when im not using. All flawless. But when we see dvdfab on my rigg it doesnt function? so everything else is fine but my 20 installations of dvdfab on diff ssd and diff riggs where none of the runs make any sense. But you mean its my fault?

I have no problem that they dont support SLI although i hope its on the whiteboard. Just make a version that ignores a second GPU. Or instead you want me to physically remove and reinsert a 1000$ GTX 1080 on a 600$ motherboard every time i wanna game and then decode. i do not think that dvdfab made this thread good by making that staatement. Like, nah we dont support SLI, nah we dont care about our 2pass, nah we dont care about helping out some more maybe by telling us, is it a dvdfab issue, are there others that sufferer from low rates, are there others with one 1080 that said all worked, have you gotten reports of this on 980 too? just a couple of examples.

EDIT: Sorry staff, im having a sh*t day. you have an awesome software. But honestly doesnt it sound easier to fix dvdfab than having all SLI and AMD users remove their card like two times a day.
    Last edited by HuskyPeter; 03-25-2017, 09:35 PM. Reason: because Im an idiot

Comment

I got help from staff today. seems all is working and the fps i have is normal. the question one still ask: Is it visiably noticable difference between 1 and 2 pass when encoding with such high bitrate as 15 Mbps?

Comment

Hi HuskyPeter
        The answer to your question can only be answered by you. Your eyes and the equipment you play your movies on must make that decision nobody here can make it. The only way to tell is to do a few chapters of each and decide what is acceptable to you or not. My opinion, you may not notice any difference between the two.
        CBR929

Originally posted by HuskyPeter View Post
        the question one still ask: Is it visiably noticable difference between 1 and 2 pass when encoding with such high bitrate as 15 Mbps?
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
          Hi HuskyPeter
          The answer to your question can only be answered by you. Your eyes and the equipment you play your movies on must make that decision nobody here can make it. The only way to tell is to do a few chapters of each and decide what is acceptable to you or not. My opinion, you may not notice any difference between the two.
          CBR929
          hmmmm ok, i think ill do that. One for light surroundings and one for medium indoors and on for dark scenes. and see where and IF you can see any differences.

Comment

thanks to everyone who helped me in this thread even though i was a bit nutty at the end 3dman, signals, october, cbr and everyone else. big thanks.

I am dissapointed with it but at least i got an answer. i just dont see how people that can make such software cant make SLI/Crossfire enabling and better 2-pass FPS. But i guess it will come someday. Im just dissapointed cuz i bought 2 GTX 1080 just for the hardware HEVC decoding support and then my two 980 gets better FPS

HuskyPeter
            Last edited by HuskyPeter; 04-03-2017, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X