Program will not open fatal error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Program will not open fatal error

I have been trying for two hours to install the latest windows version and the attached is what it shows for an error a quick look around it would appear my antivirus is blocking it from running and i have windows 10 pro 64 bit with windows defender only nothing else this is the first time I have ever had a problem installing the media player please see attachment for the error

Thank you
    Attached Files

Try this tip in post #11 - http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=30547&page=2

Comment

XX14, check in C:\Program Files(x86)/DVDFab 3 and see if the dll is there. If not uninstall the program and download a fresh installer and run as administrator.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
        Thank you for the suggestion that does not work it was working fine on my windows 10pro set up I did do a clean install a few days back I think defenders Virus update might be the cause i saw in other threads this same issue different versions & different anti virus programs and operating systems.

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
          XX14, check in C:\Program Files(x86)/DVDFab 3 and see if the dll is there. If not uninstall the program and download a fresh installer and run as administrator.
          It is there in the folder I have already run as admin and downloaded a new installer with the same results and even ran revo to remove all parts of the program this one has me scratching my head.

Comment

Try running it in safe mode with networking.

Comment

Try opening Defender/settings and add the folder as an exception. Others have had to do this with other A/V software.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Try opening Defender/settings and add the folder as an exception. Others have had to do this with other A/V software.
                I have tried everything I can think of short of a clean install I appreciate all of the help it just does the same thing I have tried all the usual suspects not my first rodeo with programs

Comment

Have you tried rolling back to media player 2?

Albert Einstein

Comment

No I just finished a new clean install just about to give it a try now.

Does not work same error nothing installed but fab media player
                    Last edited by XX14; 06-05-2017, 04:23 AM. Reason: added info

Comment

I do not have the version 2
                      installer to even try thanks though.

Comment

You can get it here: http://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm?trackID=navmenu

Albert Einstein

Comment

Thank you problem is now solved I have ryzen 1800X cpu and an asus 370 mobo and the AMD chipset driver I forgot released a newer version I installed that and it cured the problem thank you all for your help.

Comment

Well I'm glad you got it sorted! I love a happy ending!

Albert Einstein

Comment

xdisc.dll

I am having the same issue with no resolution.

when starting media player 3.1.0.0, the error dialog box opens with a message xdisc.dll wont load.

the file is there in the program folder and I have disabled Kaspersky, but it still wont load.

I have version 2 installed and it works fine.

I have uninstalled 3.1.0.0 and updated via the working ver 2, then disabled kaspersky before install and launch, but still same issue with xdisc.dll?

Please advise?

Comment

Working...
                              X