No announcement yet.

10043 won't connect to server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The log shows that it could not hear the server. Please check your internet connection and firewall settings to make sure DVDFab is allowed to pass through and not being harassed by malware or antivirus software. Can you reach the DVDFab website at www.dvdfab.cn?

Seems to be working fine for everyone else.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      The log shows that it could not hear the server. Please check your internet connection and firewall settings to make sure DVDFab is allowed to pass through and not being harassed by malware or antivirus software. Can you reach the DVDFab website at www.dvdfab.cn?

Seems to be working fine for everyone else.
      I had to uninstall and then reinstall. All is working now thanks

Comment

yesterday dvd copy and bluray copy were both down but as of last night only dvd copy was up and running. this morning blu ray copy is still not able to connect to the server. Bummer.

Comment

@simeonpro
          Thanks for the feedback,

@zigyblu
          Please attach the most recent DVDFab internal log session, instructions linked in my sig, below.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Signals,
            why would i do that? I had received an email this morning from dvdfab telling me that they had a problem with their server and it was corrected but as I found out they still have an issue with the blu-ray copy that also can not connect to the internet and i have informed them of this. the dvd copy is working just fine right now though.
            Regards

Comment

The server issue is repaired, if you choose not to supply the log, it may delay a resolution to your issue, but that is your option. There is no problem with the BD decryption server, I just used it.

Comment

then I shall try it once again and see if it works for me as the dvd copy did earlier. But the message was the same as everyone else was saying, can not connect to the internet. we shall see.

Comment

this is the best that I can do with following your instructions as best as i can understanding what it is that you asked me to do. I certainly hope that I did this right because right now I am totally lost and confused.
                  Attached Files

Comment

You did fine, I will take your log out of the text area and make it an attachment so the developers can download it more easily.

This part of the log:
                    0m 22.23s: error curl post: Failure when receiving data from the peer
                    0m 23.33s: error curl post: Failure when receiving data from the peer
                    0m 24.60s: error curl post: Failure when receiving data from the peer
                    0m 24.93s: error curl post: Failure when receiving data from the peer
                    0m 26.04s: error curl post: Failure when receiving data from the peer
                    0m 27.32s: error curl post: Failure when receiving data from the peer
                    0m 27.49s: ff error: 2
                    0m 27.51s: failed to open 302

Means it could not hear the server. The developers say this should be a local problem, i.e. your machine or
                    its software/settings/network environment. Also possible that DVDFab is confused because of the server
                    failure yesterday. One user reported that uninstalling and then re-installing DVDFab corrected the problem for him.
                    This is easy to try and may help you also. Another possibility is a problem with the settings in your internet security
                    or antivirus software. Most of these products have a method to exclude programs (such as DVDFab) from being
                    blocked. If you have a VPN connection with the IP Bind option, turn it off and try it again.

Comment

Signals,
                      I'm sorry but I do not know of what you are speaking of when you talk about vpn or whatever. I do know that I have had this thing running problem free for a number of years but at 71 years my brain isn't as sharp as it once was. Hell, I have a couple of pretty nice audio and audio/video systems in my home and now days when I take a look where all the cabling is I pretty near have a heart attack just to do some dust management. Please go easy on this old guy. lol

Comment

Haha, well I will try not to make statements that make you dizzy. You apparently do not have a VPN, so forget about all of that. Uninstalling DVDFab should not be a problem, and this will be an easy first step.

First, open (my) Computer so that you can see all the drives on your PC listed.
                        Double click on the C: drive, then scroll down until you see a folder named Program Files(x86).
                        Double click on that and scroll down until you see a folder named DVDFab 10.
                        Double click on it and scroll down until you see a program named Uninstall.exe.
                        Right click on it and select Run As Administrator from the menu list that appears. This will now uninstall DVDFab.

If you need to, download a fresh version of the DVDFab installer which you can find here: http://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm. Just save it to your desktop or somewhere it will be easy for you to find.
                        When it finishes, right click on it and select Run As Administrator again. You can just click on Quick Install when it starts. After that, start DVDFab again and see if it connects.

Comment

Signals,
                          as I was following your instructions I went down the list and found Uninstall and Uninstall.exe, the thing here is there was no listing of Administrator on the uninstall.exe but there was an administrator with the plane uninstall, which do i go with? I hope that you can follow my jargon.

Comment

Whether you see the As Administrator option depends on how your PC is set up and your windows version. Don't worry about that, just double click on uninstall.exe.

Originally posted by zigyblu View Post
                            Signals,
                            as I was following your instructions I went down the list and found Uninstall and Uninstall.exe, the thing here is there was no listing of Administrator on the uninstall.exe but there was an administrator with the plane uninstall, which do i go with? I hope that you can follow my jargon.

Comment

Well, so much for that. I followed the instructions and went with the choice that I was sure would do the job and it did, then reinstalled and i still have the same problem. Message says that I need the internet to connect.

Comment

Please attach the DVDFab internal log file to a new post, maybe it will give us a clue. Instructions for doing this are linked in my sig, just below this text. Sorry you are still having a problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X