Ver 10 Non-"Dark Mode" for those with visual issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) Ver 10 Non-"Dark Mode" for those with visual issues

Request for a lighter background interface color or ability to select a "light" or "dark" mode. The current option is hard for me to read and use.

Originally posted by applemac View Post
    Request for a lighter background interface color or ability to select a "light" or "dark" mode. The current option is hard for me to read and use.
    Have you tried adjusting the settings on your computer's monitor display ??

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
      Yes. I have also tried using the invert while using the program but then all the file dialogues show up black + white text, so it is not a solution.

Comment

Hi,

Please wait a new version, thanks!

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
          With all due respect Wilson, this is not a monitor brightness or contrast issue.

I've been using this program for a long time and I've been largely silent on the things that irritate me about the program, but this response, I'm sorry to say, is really just offensive.

"Themes" or "Skins" is a decision by the developers to prioritize aesthetics over performance, efficiency and functionality.

I'm 56 years old. I spend a lot of time in front of a monitor and the addition of pictures, dark themes and posters is IMHO a complete waste of resources.

Wouldn't your time be better spent working on getting around the next level of media protection, or some such?

The program is for backing up our movie disks. For the most part, no one sits and watches for hours, marveling over the pictures as their disc re-encodes. The pictures and themes do absolutely nothing to improve the performance of the programs. Quite the opposite.

I'm sorry. I have to speak out on this one. It's a deal breaker for me.

Comment

Black Screens

I couldn't agree more, reading the responses to this problem with the main response being "adjust your monitor." I found it totally unacceptable so much so that I have given up on DVD 10. When I open the software it is totally black and as for the controls "Where are they". I have had it being told that my monitor is the problem.

Comment

There's a new beta version that fixes the darkness issue - http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.ph...962#post192962
              and the computer monitor fix was only meant to be a temporary fix
              And not a permanent solution.
              Last edited by october262; 01-06-2017, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
                Hi,

Please wait a new version, thanks!

Wilson
                Thank you for your quick response!

Looking forward to trying the new themes.

Comment

I couldn't agree more.

The first thing I noticed about DVDFab 10 was how hard it is see the small white text against a dark background. It actually hurts my eyes as I'm straining to see.

Will there be an option to enlarge the text and icons too?

Comment

10.0.1.8 should take care of your issue see attached:
                    Attached Files
                    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

90312: Excellent screen shot but how did you achieve that? I've looked through advanced settings and can't seem to find the option to change the appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffie View Post
                        90312: Excellent screen shot but how did you achieve that? I've looked through advanced settings and can't seem to find the option to change the appearance.
                        See here - http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.ph...962#post192962

Comment

I'm lost.

What I got from the attachment follows:

New: Added two sets of skins with bright colors named Mixed Blue and Maple-Leaf Red. (NOTE: Setting the movie poster as background does not apply to these two skins.)
                          If the answer is in the skin settings, I can't seems to get the desired results. That's why I say I am lost.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Use the scroll bar inside the skins selection box and scroll down, see attached:
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by 90312; 01-08-2017, 02:47 AM.
                            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                            Albert Einstein

Comment

Wow - that was very tricky for those with vision problems, especially with tints or shades.

On your screen shot, I could see the scroll bar because it was high contrast. On my screen shot, I could not see it as there was minimal contrast. It never occurred to me to even look for a scroll bar. Now that I know it is there, I can see it but at first, it was camouflaged.

Thanks for your help (october262 and 90312).
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X