No announcement yet.

The Doors...Only Ripping 50 Minutes Of The Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please follow what I say you don't need a bluray drive installer to install upgrades follow what I tell you update drives the way i told you download the new firmware then run it,update video card and Fab version then answer other questions i ask if you want my help. Set fab to auto crop in fab settings for conversions place a check mark in the box to do it. If you don't understand something say so I can send you a picture.
    Last edited by 3dman; 03-03-2017, 02:22 AM. Reason: Changed the word dvd to conversions a typo

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
      Please follow what I say you don't need a bluray drive installer to install upgrades follow what I tell you update drives the way i told you download the new firmware then run it,update video card and Fab version then answer other questions i ask if you want my help. Set fab to auto crop in fab settings for conversions place a check mark in the box to do it. If you don't understand something say so I can send you a picture.
      When I download and run the .exe firmware file, I get an error saying "the target is not found". I understand you don't need the installer utility to update firmware, just pointing out that it doesn't see the drives either. I've uninstalled the drives and even physically removed them (even tried plugging them into other SATA ports). I've tried using the windows "search for a newer version ", I've tried optimizing for windows 10, 8 and 7 (I have windows 10 pro). I tend to think it's not an issue with the BD drive since I've used two other drives (one was a Sony and the other was an LG) and the results were exactly the same. That being the case, I would still like to update the firmware. I don't know what else to do to get it to update. I've googled the problem with no luck.

I've updated to the DVDFab beta version you linked. Searching now for a video card update and then I'll set to auto crop and try again.

I appreciate you sticking with me on this. Seems hopeless right now. Hell, I'm willing to send you the DVD if you want to mess with it. I have two copies (and they both stop ripping at the same place.)

Comment

another thing to try is to click common settings - drives - read and check
        ignore reading errors automatically restart dvdfab and try the disc again.

Comment

Uninstall one of the blu ray drives then do the firmware update this often works for Pioneer drives that have 2 using the same computer.If it works then do it for the other one.

Comment

I want to show everyone why its so important to update the firmware on their dvd and blu ray drives.Here is the change log for the Pioneer drives this Fab poster's has.He missed the last 3 updates newest change logs on top so he doesn't have the first 3 updates in this list.The newest update on top has all the other updates in this list.

This may not cure his problems because he's said he used 2 other brands of drives and same problem we don't know if their firmware was also outdated.Same go's for video graphics drivers these must also be updated first as they also can have updates for Cuda and run with other programs better plus any bug fixes.Then the same for Fab newest version always have the latest bug fixes and decryption updates so updating all 3 is a must to stay updated I seen one Fab member with drive firmware 8 updates behind and he wondered why his drive didn't work like it did years ago.One of the problems this user has is playing a dvd and ripping one look at update 1.34 says dvd playability improvement could be other problems but having the newest firmwear update could make a difference here.

1.34 DVD writing operation is improved on the specific application.
            DVD Playability Improvement
            1.33 Support New BD-R SL Media (16x Writing : MKM 6)
            Improvement of the recording quality with BD-R SL(4x Writing : Millenniata)
            Improvement of the recording quality with BD-R/RE
            1.32 Improvement of the recording quality with CD-R
            1.31 Improvement of writing problem under the specified condition with DVD-RAM
            Improvement of the operational stability
            1.30a Problems which unable to update ver1.30 with some PCs are solved.
            1.30 Support New BD-R SL media(4x Writing : Millenniata)
            Improvement of the recording quality with BD-R/RE
            Improvement of the recording quality with DVD-R/RW
            BD Playability Improvement
            DVD Playability Improvement
            1.20 Improvement of the recording quality with BD-R/RE
            Improvement of the recording quality with DVD-RW
            Last edited by 3dman; 03-03-2017, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Okay, here’s where I’m at with it…

BD Drives:
              I’m still unable to get the BD Drives to update firmware. When running the .exe file, I continue to get the error message “the target is not found”. I’ve tried disconnecting one drive and trying one at a time. I’ve tried disconnecting both drives and re-installing them. I’ve used different SATA ports. I’ve tried different settings in the BIOS. I’ve tried different versions of the firmware (not the newest, but newer than I currently have) and the error is exactly the same. I’ve tried letting Device Manager look for updates. That doesn’t work. It sees current driver as most up-to-date. I’ve tried uninstalling drivers with the Device Manager then having DM find the right drivers. Not that drivers = firmware. I mentioned that I’ve tried the Pioneer BD Utility, but it doesn’t see the drives. 3dman7 suggested I download VSO Inspector, but it doesn’t see them either. Something’s definitely up with them. Coincidently, I downloaded the firmware for the 207 model and it looks like it would take. I don't want to update it with that firmware and brick the drive, but it's interesting that it was found. I’ve given up on this for the moment. I’ve emailed Pioneer and am awaiting a response.

Video Card:
              I’ve had this video card for several years and I was surprised to find that my driver is up to date.

DVD Fab:
              I’ve tried two versions of the disk. I’ve tried Pathplayer on and off. It does it in MP4 4K and regular MP4, though I haven’t tried any other output format. I’ve looked at the “other titles” There is only one other file. I’ve tried ripping that one too, but the movie ends in about the same spot. I’ve used auto and original crop under the DVD and clicked “crop automatically” under coming settings/conversions. There are 36 chapters and the movie stops in the middle or at the end of chapter 18. When trying to rip chapters 19-36, the program will start then immediately say it is finish and eject the disk. When trying to preview chapters 19-39, the preview window closes. I’ve also checked ignore reading errors with the same results.

I think I’m done messing with this for a while. 3dman7, props to you for so much input and sticking it out with the help. I owe you.
              Last edited by ARAMP1; 03-03-2017, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Can you put the other two drives in the computer then give me a log file on them and we can check for updates to them.I find it funny Fab doe's see your drives doe's windows see them also?
                Theirs OEM software also for these drives if they came with the computer then you need to use the firmware from the computer company also later versions of the software also state that once the new update is put on the drive you can't go back to a earlier version of the software just so you know.Lets see what Pioneer says.Does anyone here on Fab also have these disks so we can know if you also have trouble with this disk as it also could be defective disks you say they stop at the same place even when playing. Checking the log file again I see it says Full disk copy and play is supported maybe then ripper to convert can't be used then so maybe staff can answer this question? OP has Fab ripper not copy.
                Last edited by 3dman; 03-03-2017, 11:25 PM. Reason: Added last 6 lines of text.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
                  Can you put the other two drives in the computer then give me a log file on them and we can check for updates to them.I find it funny Fab doe's see your drives doe's windows see them also?
                  Theirs OEM software also for these drives if they came with the computer then you need to use the firmware from the computer company also later versions of the software also state that once the new update is put on the drive you can't go back to a earlier version of the software just so you know.Lets see what Pioneer says.Does anyone here on Fab also have these disks so we can know if you also have trouble with this disk as it also could be defective disks you say they stop at the same place even when playing. Checking the log file again I see it says Full disk copy and play is supported maybe then ripper to convert can't be used then so maybe staff can answer this question? OP has Fab ripper not copy.
                  I built the computer probably 12 or so months ago. I don't remember where I got the drives. Either Newegg or Amazon. They have worked as advertised since I've installed them and have burnt hundreds of CDs, DVDs, and BluRays with them. I've since gotten rid of the old drives I mentioned earlier, but I still have a Sony external USB. It also stops in the same place. It's been a while since I've tried it, so I'll re-rip it tonight and post up the log. Like I said, I have two copies of the DVD. If anyone wants to mess with it, I'll mail them one of the copies to try out.

Comment

Did you try my suggestion in post #33

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
                      Did you try my suggestion in post #33
                      Originally posted by ARAMP1 View Post
                      I’ve also checked ignore reading errors with the same results.
                      Yes. Gave it a shot, but no luck.

Comment

Try clicking common settings - av codec and slect disable All gpu codecs and switch everything to software Restart dvdfab and retry the
                        disc again

Comment

Logs attached with using the Sony USB DVD drive. Same results.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Try clicking common settings - av codec and slect disable All gpu codecs and switch everything to software Restart dvdfab and retry the
                            disc again
                            Trying this now.

Comment

The Sony drive is 8 years old and there's never been a firmware update for it.Doe's the disk play on a computer software player on the Sony drive or doe's it also stick at the same place as on the other 2 drives?
                              Last edited by 3dman; 03-05-2017, 09:17 AM.

Comment

disc again
                                Well, same results. It stops in the same place.

Comment

Working...
                                X