Out of Memory error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of Memory error

When trying to go from iso and burn to disk I keep getting the "Out of Memory" error. This is something recent and it seems to be related to the vso burning engine. I tried switching to the nero burning engine but that is producing coasters. If I go from iso to another iso the process is fine - it's only when I go to a physical disk (burn) that I get this error.

FYI: The iso image I'm attempting to copy from is larger than a 1:1 copy to DVD. I finally wound up using fab to reduce the iso to a 4.7gb image and then burning it with nero.

You should download and use IMGburn to do your burns. Its the best burn engine out there and works pretty much seemlessly with Fab.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmanbldr View Post
      FYI: The iso image I'm attempting to copy from is larger than a 1:1 copy to DVD.
      This is confusing...how can the .ISO be larger than a 1:1 copy?

I finally wound up using fab to reduce the iso to a 4.7gb image and then burning it with nero.
      Are you burning to a DL disc?
      Are you further compressing the 4.7 GB image?
      If not, here's your problem.

You can't burn a 4.7 GB file to an SL blank disc.
      The recommended max, safe write size is 4472 MB (just a tad under 4.37 GB)

I agree with Xalky, you're better off with Img regardless.

Comment

Hi ironmanbldr,

keep getting the "Out of Memory" error.
        Please go to "Common Settings"->"General", find out the temporay directory, follow the save path to delete all the movie files under your Temp folder, then burn again.

Sincerely,
        Sunny

Comment

Originally posted by regnad kcin View Post
          This is confusing...how can the .ISO be larger than a 1:1 copy?In other words, I'm copying from the original disk (DL) the movie only. This produces a larger image than will fit on a SL disk. I then often burn this to a SL disk using DVDfab to automatically compress the image to fit onto a SL.

Are you burning to a DL disc? NO
          Are you further compressing the 4.7 GB image? NO - the original image is the movie only but great than 4.7GB and it's an ISO
          If not, here's your problem.

You can't burn a 4.7 GB file to an SL blank disc.
          DVDfab automatically deals with this. When you set the disk type it will adjust the compression.

The recommended max, safe write size is 4472 MB (just a tad under 4.37 GB)

I agree with Xalky, you're better off with Img regardless.
          Moved to Img but have not tried it yet.

Comment

v8.0.7.3 Out of Memory error

Originally posted by sunny View Post
            Hi ironmanbldr,

Please go to "Common Settings"->"General", find out the temporay directory, follow the save path to delete all the movie files under your Temp folder, then burn again.

Sincerely,
            Sunny
            Tried that already. That did not work. I even tried removing (completely) DVDfab and installing - still same problem.

Comment

DVDfab automatically deals with this. When you set the disk type it will adjust the compression.
              Yes, I know what Fab is "supposed" to do; but apparently it is not doing so.

Select the .ISO file (4.7 GB) as your Source and select a location on the hdd as your Target. Be certain you have dvd5 selected as output and check that your write size setting has not changed...it shouldn't exceed 4472 MB.
              Now try again and see if the files have compressed accurately to fit on an SL.

If none of this helps, hopefully changing to Img will clean up the whole mess

Comment

Yea...I think DVDfab is doing the right thing. This error comes before it actually writes to the disk - so it's not referring to memory on the disk. Furthermore, DVDfab actually has always successfully checked that it has enough space on the DVD to fit the data being written. I'm pointing more to the burning engine (VSO) rather than DVDfab itself. I've literally written 100s of disks like this and haven't had an issue until lately.

Comment

Gotcha, yeah I'm betting you're right.
                  Fab's accuracy re: error reporting is less than stellar.
                  VSO has caused problems for many a user.

Let us know if the switch to Img resolves this.

Comment

out of memory error

Don't know if this will help or not! I've been useing DVDFAB-COPY(dvd) for back as V5, now V8(8082)! When I started getting "out of memory error" I did everything suggested, but didn't work! Now by trying all kinds of things, I tryed by just playing around and reset my buffer filler from 385 down to 150, once I did that, I have not gotten the "out of memory error" ever again so far! and everything works fine! I don't know very much about any of this stuff, but I always read on forum about everything!, but this has worked for me!, and the buffer has not fallen out and had to wait to fill back up to burn again!(theshold recovery)! Hope this could help anybody! I'm useing XP SP3, an old dell gx 260, very old and still doing the job,Plextor 870A burnner with flash v108!, got from HQ firmware! Also been useing Imgburn for alot of years! Just read and learn, read and learn, always!
                    Last edited by 8855A; 03-16-2011, 01:42 PM. Reason: info!

Comment

Working...
                    X