This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed to initialize the burning engine

I have reloaded the main DVD FAB program many times now and have followed all of the requirements.
    I have Nero Version 9 installed.
    After upgrading to the latest version of DVD FAB, I now get the message "Failed to initialize burning engine".
    The first time the message came up, the program gave me a chance to locate and identify the burning engine, but now will not.
    I remember that the name it was looking for is now different from the original one.
    How can I direct DVD FAB to the correct Burning Egine?

I would like to add that what I am trying to do is to create an ISO file in a file folder.
    DVD FAB now will create a VOB file, but will not create and ISO file either in a file or on a dvd disc.

Comment

First off, what application are you using?
      DVD to DVD ?

Please explain in detail, what version you're using (please don't say the latest, specify the version) and exactly what steps you're going through.

Fab should not be creating just .vob files unless you're using DVD to Mobile.
      DVD to DVD will either create VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS FOLDERS or >.ISO files. Both these formats will contain .IFO, .BUP and .VOB files.

With respect to the burn engine...what happens if you navigate to
      Common Settings > Write > Burning Engine

Does it not allow you to select from VSO, Img and Nero as options?
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

DVDFab seems to have a problem locating Nero 9 for the burn engine and it is much easier and better with ImgBurn as the burn engine instead anyway.

Comment

Yeah, Nero keep changing the name and the location of their burn engine in nearly every release.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Nero VS Image burn

Problem using image burn is you have to wait till dvd fab decodes then activtoates image burn and you then tell it to burn. Nero was one step burning.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyXjer View Post
              Problem using image burn is you have to wait till dvd fab decodes then activtoates image burn and you then tell it to burn.
              Not sure what you mean but regardless of what burning engine used Fab has to rip the disc then create the iso to be burned.

Originally posted by EasyXjer View Post
              Nero was one step burning.
              ImgBurn can also be set up to work with Fab seamlessly with no user input other than setting it up correctly the first time, follow the ImgBurn link in my sig to learn how.

Comment

Working...
              X