X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading/Writing Error Control

What is this?? I was using the program just fine for the past few days, all of a sudden this error started popping up and I can't figure out why, nor can I make it stop? I've already tried uninstalling, rebooting, then reinstalling it again but it didn't work the error still comes up.

Anyone know what to do?

The first thing you need to do is attach the log files as requested in the Help Us Help You document. Can't tell much without them. I am moving this thread to the DVD to DVD forum.
    Originally posted by at7pm View Post

What is this?? I was using the program just fine for the past few days, all of a sudden this error started popping up and I can't figure out why, nor can I make it stop? I've already tried uninstalling, rebooting, then reinstalling it again but it didn't work the error still comes up.

Anyone know what to do?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Oops sorry I forgot to attach the log in the last post. I'm converting DVD to Mobile in every case and it only gives me the error when there is a disc instered and loading in the DVD drive (any disc, not just one imparticular). The error gives me an option to click either RETRY, ABORT, IGNORE, and IGNORE ALL. I have tried hitting RETRY and it just keeps popping up. When the program is opened with no discs in it the error message doesn't appear. Keep in mind this just started happening today, last night it wasn't doing this, and there were no system updates or anything else that has taken place since then to set it off to my knowledge.

I'm running on WIN XP Svc Pk 3, Quad Core 2.5GHz, 4GB Ram

The log is attached.

Thx!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by at7pm; 12-04-2009, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Hi Chris.

This could be caused by the drive overheating as it is a long process.

Please have a read of my "Best Practice: DVD to Mobile" thread. Link is in my signature below.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
          Hi Chris.

This could be caused by the drive overheating as it is a long process.

Please have a read of my "Best Practice: DVD to Mobile" thread. Link is in my signature below.
          I'm thinking that's not it, because the computer was off all night and this message popped up when everything was turned on fresh today and running it the first time. I'm wondering what does clicking "Ignore" do? I don't want to try anything i'm not sure of.

Comment

It means to ignore the read error on the disk and go on to the next sector and could manifest itself as a "GLITCH" in your encoded file.

As I said in my "Best Practice" thread, ALWAYS rip the disk to your hard drive first and do the mobile conversion from there, not the original disk.

If you get this error doing the original rip, it usually means:-

The disk is scratched or dirty and needs inspection and/or cleaning.
            The disk is from a bad pressing batch (becoming more prevalent as studios get them pressed overseas to save $$$)
            Your reading device needs cleaning or replacement.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

since this a DVD to mobile problem I moved this thread to that Sub-forum and it seems this thread was already moved today as well

Comment

Same issue

I am having exactly the same issue. I have successfully ripped over 600 movies with the exception of 15-20 or so but I never had this error until just a few days ago. Now it happens every time. no hardware changes. The only difference is that I am only ripping the main movie to iso not directly burning. Any updates on the issue?

Comment

On these problematic movies try going into common settings and under “write” change the I/O to ASPI and give it a try.
                  Do either of you have Intel accelerator installed? That will wreak havoc on optical drives.
                  How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

Not sure what the accelerator is but I'll give the other change a try. I'll let you know.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Miix View Post
                      Not sure what the accelerator is but I'll give the other change a try. I'll let you know.

Thanks
                      In control panel select “add/remove” programs. When the list populates check to see if “Intel Application accelerator driver” is present. You can remove it there and usually without dramatic effect. If you find that the computer runs better with it installed, it will be on your motherboard driver disk and you can put it back. If you don't have an Intel chip set it probably won’t be there and is not your issue, but that driver has caused issues.
                      BTW if you remove the driver you'll need to reboot to assure it's not present.
                      Last edited by 90312; 12-20-2009, 05:25 PM.
                      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

Ok changing that setting seemed to eliminate the error problem however it is taking 30-40 minutes just to rip a disk (at about 1.7x to 3x) as opposed to b4 it took 9-12 minutes at about 4-6x or so. I'm not sure what exactly caused this problem but I hope there is some answer out there. Thanks for the help so far.

I don't have that accelerator installed either
                        Last edited by Miix; 12-22-2009, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Miix View Post
                          Ok changing that setting seemed to eliminate the error problem however it is taking 30-40 minutes just to rip a disk (at about 1.7x to 3x) as opposed to b4 it took 9-12 minutes at about 4-6x or so. I'm not sure what exactly caused this problem but I hope there is some answer out there. Thanks for the help so far.

I don't have that accelerator installed either
                          OK, in common settings-General bottom right click Reset DMA and then try again to see if that works

Comment

Already tried that and no effect.

Comment

Working...
                            X