DVD Video files reallocation failed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Video files reallocation failed.

I apologize, if this topic has been addressed elsewhere, but i'm not sure where it is, as i've been searching. Starting at the end of July, most of the new releases that i've purchased (regular dvd) have not allowed me to back them up on full disc. I'm only able to get the movie only portion to back-up. The error i'm getting is "dvd video files reallocation failed. The resulting dvd video might be unplayable, do you want to continue? I do use Nero to create my back-up copies, but had never had an issue before. Some title specific issues were GI Joe Retaliation, Olympus has Fallen, The Company You Keep, and Epic. This might be a simple fix, and I figured this was the best place to start. Admins, if i'm posting this in the wrong area, i apologize, please move it accordingly. Any advice anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. I hate to keep using my original purchased DVDs. Thanks.

Are you using Nero Recode? If so it chokes on certain structural protections. Use DVDFab to rip a clean copy to the HDD and then use whatever you want to compress.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm not using any kind of recode. Same thing i've always used, and never had an issue until recently.

Comment

As all of these are new titles, you will need to provide more information so that we don't have to play "20 Questions."

Please provide the Version of Fab that you are using & PAID or FREE. If you are using the FREE version, it is a good possibility that the protection schema has not made it across to the FREE version yet.
        Please provide your logs as indicated in this forum

Why are you using Nero?
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Sounds like a Nero Burning ROM error to me. You might try the DVDFab burning engine once just to see.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I guess i've been using Nero for so long, i'm fearful of change. I've been using it for at least 12 years or more, and it's never given me grief previously. I have the paid version and have been using the most updated version each week. Next time the issue comes up I will try to pull the log. I will also try to use the burn engine within Fab. I generally like to have files on my hard drive though, instead of doing direct back-ups, so I guess that's why i've never done it directly through Fab. Hope that makes sense.

Comment

Makes sense to me, and you can still do that. Set Fab to use the DVDFab burning engine/rip the movie to the hard drive and then click on the clone/burn button and select the folder or iso image. Fab will burn the HDD folder for you.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Usually it's a menu vob file that's is missing when that error code shows up in Nero.

i.e. a file named VTS_0x_0.VOB

Comment

Working...
                X