This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error=111; I cannot burn

I have error 111 issues and cannot get around it. I have unloaded and reloaded many, many times. The support from DVDFAB has been useless. I have tried changing to IMGBURN, but it didn't work either.I am running Windows7, 64 bit I can't tell if the VSO engine is accurate and up-to-date even though it says i am running Ver. 6.2.2.0. I had no problems until I updated the operating system and then the software. Would Nero 9 have anything to do with this? I've checked for control of the drives - nada! I am at my wits end on what to try to do. And I'm not sure anymore what to check and how to check it, much less what to do with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Many Thanks,
    Danhutch

OK could you post the information listed below to this thread so someone can take a look and see what is going on

Help Us Help You

If you are posting about an operational problem with one of the DVDFab products, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will probably be needed.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad if you want to read them. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file. The log files can be attached to a post using the "Manage Attachments" button below the editing box.

dvdfab_burn_vso.log Attach for all problems. The entries are time stamped with the most recent at the top.

dvdfab_burn_imgburn.log Attach if you have ImgBurn set as the burning engine and the problem concerns disc burning. Time stamped with the most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Other Information:

Depending on the nature of the problem, it can help to know:
    If this happens with all discs or just one
    Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration
    If you are using external hard drives or optical drives
    If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
    If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

Comment

If you have Nero InCD installed, uninstall it. You must install and run DVDFab as administrator. The error code means that the device (drive) reported to the OS that it was busy.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
        OK could you post the information listed below to this thread so someone can take a look and see what is going on

Help Us Help You

If you are posting about an operational problem with one of the DVDFab products, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will probably be needed.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad if you want to read them. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file. The log files can be attached to a post using the "Manage Attachments" button below the editing box.

dvdfab_burn_vso.log Attach for all problems. The entries are time stamped with the most recent at the top.

dvdfab_burn_imgburn.log Attach if you have ImgBurn set as the burning engine and the problem concerns disc burning. Time stamped with the most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Other Information:

Depending on the nature of the problem, it can help to know:
        If this happens with all discs or just one
        Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration
        If you are using external hard drives or optical drives
        If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
        If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.
        I keep trying to edit this post but it keeps timing out on me. I know I can be slow. Now what?

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          If you have Nero InCD installed, uninstall it. You must install and run DVDFab as administrator. The error code means that the device (drive) reported to the OS that it was busy.
          I have run Microsoft's 'checker' and it returns that the drives are not busy. Nero's InCD is NOT installed. More Ideas??

Comment

Nero 9 if I remember correctly does not install InCD as for my post you do not edit that as you are unable to do that. All you do is locate the information asked for and then post it in this thread as a Post Reply. Then we can take a look at it and try and figure out what is happening

Comment

I have attached the logs. The error is "error 111"
              Attached Files

Comment

Danhutch, have you switched media lately or drives? The error you are getting is media related (Disc DVD+R is not compatible for write with this drive).
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Danhutch View Post
                  I have attached the logs. The error is "error 111"

Based on the burn log you posted, I see one drive is IDE, and the other is SCSI - I don't think they'll talk to each other without some special help...

I'll defer at this point to someone more techie than I am with hardware...

DC

Comment

Danhutch your drives need updates http://www.firmwarehq.com/LG/GGC-H20L/files.html and http://www.firmwarehq.com/download_1...111EU.EXE.html hope this helps.

DC, I have a Sata and Ide and they show up that way.
                    Last edited by CBR929; 01-22-2010, 09:08 PM. Reason: text
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks! This i haven't tried. It's worth a shot and I'm sure it won't hurt anything and should be done anyway. Many thanks, I'll let you know what happens.
                      Dan

Comment

Since you have ImgBurn installed I would like you to post your Filter drive load order for us as it seems like something is keeping control of your DVD drive and will not let go for DVDFab to use. To do that open up ImgBurn and select tools-Filter Drive Load Order. Then click copy to clipboard and once that is done you post reply here and do a paste to post the info for us to look at

Comment

Here is thee information asked for. I hope it helps!
                          Dan

===============================================
                          Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.5.0.0
                          ===============================================

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]
                          Upper Class Filter: SiRemFil
                          Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM
                          Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
                          Lower Class Filter: [None Found]
                          Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Filter Name: SiRemFil
                          File Name:
                          File Version:
                          File Description:
                          Product Name:
                          Product Version:
                          Company Name:
                          Copyright:

Filter Name: GEARAspiWDM
                          File Name:
                          File Version:
                          File Description:
                          Product Name:
                          Product Version:
                          Company Name:
                          Copyright:

Comment

I would remove this filter below

Originally posted by Danhutch View Post
                            Filter Name: SiRemFil
                            File Name:
                            File Version:
                            File Description:
                            Product Name:
                            Product Version:
                            Company Name:
                            Copyright:
                            I not sure what it is for but think it is used for a BD-writer hooked up via eSATA. I personally think it is what causing your issues but think yoiu should do some research on that filter and the device that installed it before you go and remove it. It is also a filter that helps your DVD drive use the InCD of Nero as well so if you do remove make sure you have the install Cd for the software/program that installed this filter as it may not work after the filter is removed

Comment

SiRemFil is your Filter driver for Silicon Image SATALink controllers. It can be started or stopped from Services in the Control Panel. I recommend copying from the dvd drive to your hard drive, then copying from Hard drive to dvd. Sometimes copying straight from dvd drive to dvd drive, problems occur (due to your hardware). If this don't solve your problem, try a different brand dvd. HP works great for me, yet Ridata is hit and miss. I have always heard good stuff about verbatim.

Comment

Working...
                              X