Quit Working Completely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Quit Working Completely

okay I want to Rip some older BluRay movies to MP4 or AVI or any thing so I can watch it through my network.
    It worked on my old computer which was running Windows 7 well I upgraded to a new computer along with Windows 10.. I've already tried the compatability mode. Didn't work
    When I put the BluRay in and hit Start it just sits there and does nothing at all so I cancel it. I can take the same BluRay and put it in my other computer running Windows 7 still and bingo works like a champ 8 hours for a MP4 this is why the upgrade..
    It will still Copy a BluRay just fine except I have to move the TEMP file over to the D: drive because I'm running a 60GB SSD drive and it's almost full So this is the only thing that I'm wondering is causing an issue..
    The New Computer is a
    MSI 880GM-E43 with 4 Gig of Ram with 60GB SSD, 320 Sata drive and a Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 ti video card that's it bare bone
    Attached Files

Update!!!

After messing with it for a couple of days gave up down graded back to Windows 7 and everything went back to normal. So Windows 10 may or may not have something to do with it but I don't know what and I didn't feel like starting over to figure out what's causing it. It's a Sever computer so it has a total of about 10 programs installed on it and that's it. Maybe there is something in the log file that show someone what was happening. All I know is now I hit the start button it goes.

Comment

I too am having the same issue with windows 10. I have tried many different things to get it to work. I have been searching for an answer and I have not found one yet. If anyone has one please post it. I email support with my logs if I get a answer I will let everyone know.

Comment

Support contacted me back I had to upgrade to the beta version although maybe not needed. Once I did open Common Settings->General->A/V Codec, tick the "Disable all GPU codecs for decoding and encoding" it started working. I am guessing my NVidia 550ti cards are just too old.

Comment

For the record

I use three Windows 10 systems with DVDfab, even those that are running the Fast-Ring Insider builds have no problems. The main difference seems to be the graphics driver, all my systems use Intel HD graphics, so I would focus on the drivers for your graphics card.

Comment

This Great.

Okay now we're get some idea's what's going on this is very good so Plague1313 and Nik_Simpson it's starting to sound like a graphic issues. So Plague1313 have you tried an older NVidia driver because right when I did this upgrade to new computer and Windows 10 there was a NVidia driver update. I'm wondering if that's what did it or has it been not working for a while. I was looking at a newer NVidia graphic card. I'm glad someone helped me make that decision. I would upgrade to Windows 10 and try again but I'll wait until I build another computer and play with it. So what I'll try is buy a newer Radeon graphic card and play with that because I need a newer card in my 10 year old computer until I build a new one.

Comment

Forgot to ask

Forgot to ask Plague1313 once you turned off the GPU codec how much speed did you loss or gain?? I just replaced one 10 year old computer and it was running that NVidia GeForce GTX 550 ti card in it , to do a rip of a BluRay was anywhere from 8 - 13 hours now I'm getting it to about 2 hours so I'm happy with the upgrade same graphics card in a 3 year old computer much faster could be faster but that is all that computer does is burn and rip movies and music.

Comment

Hi DC,

Could you please roll back to the old driver 337.88 and check the problem again?

Wilson
                Please post your logs the default location is:
                For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

What I ended up doing

1 thing installed graphic card before I installed Windows 10 then let Windows update it for me then the next thing was install the newest dvdfab. And did a test run it workers so sweet I think that is fixed last time I did all this I used the internal graphics card built in and realized it was old and put mine in place but did have time to get everything else updated. I have about 5 more programs to install and I'll test it again and make sure it runs. Then I'm done with it

Comment

Working...
                  X