Passkey unsigned driver and Windows 10 new 1607 update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Passkey unsigned driver and Windows 10 new 1607 update

The new anniversary update for Windows 10 changes the driver signing requirements. These new changes cause DVDFab to fail on my Windows 10 Enterprise system.

See: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/driver...ges-windows-10

Screenshots of error and program info showing blank: https://sli.mg/a/A0jcTy

The error message for the driver appears about 1-2 minutes after you install DVDFab Passkey.

DVDFab Passkey: 8.2.8.5
    Windows 10 x64 Enterprise (Also tested on Pro): Latest major release 1607 (aka Anniversary Edition).

Originally posted by Porkrinds View Post
    The new anniversary update for Windows 10 changes the driver signing requirements. These new changes cause DVDFab to fail on my Windows 10 Enterprise system.

See: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/driver...ges-windows-10

Screenshots of error and program info showing blank: https://sli.mg/a/A0jcTy

The error message for the driver appears about 1-2 minutes after you install DVDFab Passkey.

DVDFab Passkey: 8.2.8.5
    Windows 10 x64 Enterprise (Also tested on Pro): Latest major release 1607 (aka Anniversary Edition).
    did you try this - Google unsigned drivers windows 10

Comment

Yep, I've rebooted with driver signing enforcement off, and it still didn't work. (edit: I've never had any issues with dvdfab prior to Windows 10 1607)

My confirmed, but not ideal, workaround: Disable secure boot (bolded option), and now it works just fine.

Enforcement only happens on fresh installations, with Secure Boot on, and only applies to new kernel mode drivers:
      • PCs upgrading from a release of Windows prior to Windows 10 Version 1607 will still permit installation of cross-signed drivers.
      • PCs with Secure Boot OFF will still permit installation of cross-signed drivers.
      • Drivers signed with cross-signing certificate issued prior to July 29th 2015, when the initial policy went into place, will continue to be allowed.
      • To prevent systems from failing to boot properly, boot drivers will not be blocked, but they will be removed by the Program Compatibility Assistant.
      • Future versions of Windows will block boot drivers.

To summarize, on non-upgraded fresh installations of Windows 10, version 1607 with Secure Boot ON, drivers must be signed by Microsoft or with cross-signed certificates issued prior to July 29th, 2015.
      Last edited by Porkrinds; 08-16-2016, 12:51 AM. Reason: clarifications

Comment

This is still not fixed in the latest verison 9.0.0.1. The only option still is to disable secure boot. Your foxy competitor doesn't seem to have this problem.

Comment

Agreed. If you were going to release this brand new version...it should have at least been compatible with the windows 10 anniversary update.

DVD virtual drive, my DVD and BluRay drives all have the lock on them because of the unsigned driver from Passkey.

I have to uninstall Passkey, delete the above devices and rescan for hardware to fix.

Not cool. Please FIX ASAP

Comment

Hi,

Driver Signing Changes in Windows 10 Anniversary Update
            Windows 10 now comes with some new Driver Signing Changes. It will load only Kernel mode drivers signed digitally by Dev Portal.

We will work with M$ to solve the problem asap.

Best Regards,
            Fengtao
            DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
            http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Please be sure to fix BOTH version 8 & version 9

Since those of us that got the free promotion do not qualify for the free upgrade to 9, we are stuck on version 8.

I tried installing both versions and BOTH version are in fact affected.

Please fix BOTH.

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

Please tell us more details of the problem. your system info and it's better to give us a screenshot for the problem, thanks!

I'm running on Windows 10 Pro 1607 14393 and Passkey & DVDFab work well on my netebook.

Wilson
                Please post your logs the default location is:
                For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Passkey doesn't work if you fall into the criteria listed above by Microsoft. In my case, I did a clean install of 1607 with Secure Boot enabled in my bios, and the program doesn't work, complains about the driver dvdfab uses and prevents it from loading.

As I bolded above, the insecure workaround for now is to disable secure boot in your bios.

Passkey worked fine when I did an upgrade to 1607 from the previous version, but not when I did a clean install which is in line with the new microsoft guidelines I pasted above.

I'll upload new screenshots of the error and the blank passkey info panel. I deleted them because this post originally had no traction.

fangtao seems to understand here: http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showpost.php?...17&postcount=6

edit: added new screenshots. 1st shot is with secure boot on, 2nd shot is with secure boot off.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Porkrinds; 09-08-2016, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Hi,

Clean re-install Win 10 1607 and reproduce the problem.

Thanks!

Wilson
                    Please post your logs the default location is:
                    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

I've done a clean install of 1607, that's what lead to this problem. The attached screenshots are from my last clean install. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X