This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error 105

Been useing DVDFAB sense 2008 , a registered user have the lasted version 7 . It will rip good but when I try to copy to blank disc sign comes up failed to burn error 105. tried to uninstall , reinstall like the forum says. download to desktop, run as admin install then close and send key from email to open, still the same thing happens I go to ? mark at top right and click on about and my name comes up as registered to me. need help please. Sopaw52
    Last edited by Guest; 05-21-2010, 04:41 PM. Reason: Changed title

Error 105-------------

105 DVD_Error_UnexpectedPacket,

Could you post a log and any information that might help.

Do you have any sonic or roxio software on your PC?
    Nero Packet writer?

Comment

I don't have sonic, roxio , or nero packet writer, never expire enabled. It has been working great with upgrade after upgrade till the last one 7.0.6.2. then when it rips to computer and I try to copy to blank dvd-r disc that when it says failed to burn. can go to documents to dvdfab folder and the movie is there. but when i try to burn it , it says the same thing. have tried on five different movies. it says the same thing. don't know what you mean about log but let me know and will try to do. thanks
      Last edited by Guest; 05-22-2010, 05:38 PM. Reason: Remove name and ID number

Comment

The default location for the logs:
        C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Internal, Process and if there is any portion of the burn log, please post that as well
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

don't know if i did it right

Comment

Originally posted by sopaw52 View Post
            don't know if i did it right
            Where did you post it?

You can use notepad or similar if you like, but you can just copy & paste it right here.

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

burn files should be attached
              Attached Files

Comment

105 error

should be the rest of log files
                Attached Files

Comment

Your burn log indicates you're using blank cd media and Not dvd media.

2010-05-22 06:53:17 Info Inserted media type : CD-R

2010-05-22 06:52:52 Error INIT ERROR: The inserted disc is too small. Suitable disc(s) for 4.19 Gb.: double Layer DVD+R, double Layer DVD-R, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM, DVD+R, DVD+RW
                  2010-05-22 06:52:52 Info Scanned files #9, folder #2 - total size 4494706688 b. (4.19 Gb.)
                  2010-05-22 06:52:52 Info Inserted media type : CD-R

It appears that your ripped files are intact.
                  Just play them back from your hdd with a software player such as VLC.

Try some blank dvd media...
                  Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim would be our recommendations.
                  Last edited by maineman; 05-22-2010, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Looking at your logs become obvious that you trying to write DVD on a CD-R. Please insert blank DVD media and try again.
                    Also, I would highly recommend use ImgBurn as your burning engine, instead of VSO. You can learn how following this link: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=12

Oops maineman, didn't see you again... my apoligies
                    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

sopaw52
                      Your logs show that you are trying to burn on a CD-R disc you need a DVD-R or +r disc.

Pulled from your logs:
                      Writable disc CD-R inserted. Ready to write
                      INIT ERROR: The inserted disc is too small. Suitable disc(s) for 4.19 Gb.: double Layer DVD+R, double Layer DVD-R, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM, DVD+R, DVD+RW
                      CBR929

Good morning Maineman and IPopo50 didn't see you
                      Last edited by CBR929; 05-22-2010, 01:18 PM.
                      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

same problem

i have the exact same problem. I am 100% sure i am using a DVD+R not a cd. It is only recognizing it as a cd in my drive. strange. This problem just started happening. i have used dvdfab 6 for months with no problems.

Comment

rwwl
                          Post your logs The default location is:
                          C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log.
                          CBR929
                          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

rwwl
                            Please attach your logs.

This may be a VSO issue. Try using ImgBurn and see if it recoginzes the discs as DVDs or CDs. Moving thread to DVD to DVD.
                            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Shouldn't one of you mods remove his registration number from #3? I'm just asking, isn't that a good way to get blacklisted?
                              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                              Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X