Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New! DVDFab 10 for Linux is released out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• robojock
    replied
    I am also concerned, paid for the linux version... noticed new versions get released for mac and windows and nothing is happening with the linux version

Leave a comment:

• LarryM04
    replied
    So what's happening on the Linux release? I was happy when announced, tried it and paid for the additional platform, but nothing has happened since? Is it dead in the water? Are the devs ever coming out with a 2nd release??? Please?

Leave a comment:

• VandylEyez
    replied
    Thanks, I tried switching video drivers back to the non proprietary version per info earlier in this thread but the screen becomes garbled. I'll keep an eye out here. Hoping a solution is found as DVDFab is the only remaining program keeping me from leaving Windows altogether

Leave a comment:

• signals
    replied
    I am on Win platform and am not sure where they might be for linux. The developers check here often for problems or another Linux user may be able to suggest something. I will send the devs a link to your post.

Leave a comment:

• VandylEyez
    replied
    Thanks signals, here are the files I've found and the paths where they were located (if it helps other Ubuntu/Linux noobs):

/home/YOURUSERNAME/Documents/DVDFab10/Log/dvdfab_internal.log
    0m 00.57s:

[logs attached]

I searched my system for server_log.log and many variants of, along with fabcheck_internal.log but came up empty on both. Please let me know if there is more to look for and possibly their locations.
    Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by VandylEyez; 08-19-2017, 06:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• signals
    replied
    Hi VandylEyez, please check to see if DVDFab generated an install log and/or a dvdfab_internal.log file. If so, please attach them to a post. There may also be a fabcheck_internal.log and a thing inexplicably called "server_log.log.log" that would be helpful for troubleshooting. Sorry you are having a problem with it.

Leave a comment:

• VandylEyez
    replied
    Hi, I'm using Ubuntu 16.04.2 64bit.
    I downloaded DVDFab10040.run, moved it to my Home directory and ran the following via Terminal:

chmod +x DVDFab10040.run
    ./DVDFab10040.run

I was able to install DVDFab via the prompts. The 1st time I launched it I could see the 'connecting to server' message, although it just hung there. Subsequent launches have the connecting message omitted and the splash screen stays visible forever.

Looking at Settings-Software & Updates-Additional Drivers, I'm Using NVIDIA legacy binary driver-version 304.135 from nvidia-304 (proprietary, tested)
    I bought a separate full license as soon as I discovered DVDFab was finally on Linux. Any way I can successfully use this with my setup?
    Thank you for this, btw!

Leave a comment:

• Weltherrscher
    replied
    What Distro are you using?
    With Mint, it's not working with the nvidia-driver (look at my thread).
    Didn't try Arch lately though.

Leave a comment:

• LarryM04
    replied
    Per the first post in this thread, downloaded the file,switch to terminal window and: chmod 755 file, run the file (./DVDFab_Linux.run)

Do you get passed the splash screen? That's where I get hung up if I have the nVidea driver in place. That's a pain in the butt, particularly since I have another program that only work if I have the nVidea driver. So one that want the system one way, the other that wants the opposite.

Hope they get the preview part going soon, sometimes its hard to get what all the titles are. I rip a lot of TV show disks. I just ripped a 45 minute show in 11 minutes. Speedwise looks good!

Leave a comment:

• chest069
    replied
    Originally posted by LarryM04 View Post
    Okay, loaded DVDFab on my Ryzen 7 PC running Ubuntu 17.04. Couple things:
    A) The video driver for my GT1050 has to be set to the generic, not the Nvidea proprietary version. Hope this will be addressed soon.
    B) Don't see any place to preview the files on the disk.
    Other than that, I've ripped a couple disks (DVDs and Blurays) to MP4 and all seemed well.

I do have a question tho - I misunderstood a prompt during installation and put the program itself in ~/Video/DVDFab Can I just remove this dir and re-install to put the program in a better location?
    What did you do to successfully install and run this because I get a "XCB" error after installing and trying to run it. It just closes with the error. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• LarryM04
    replied
    Well, something blew up and I re-installed the program files to a better location, good deal.

Just ripped a BluRay of Bill Murray's "Stripes" to MP4, Something like 18 minutes at a peak of 132 Fps. Pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• LarryM04
    replied
    Okay, loaded DVDFab on my Ryzen 7 PC running Ubuntu 17.04. Couple things:
    A) The video driver for my GT1050 has to be set to the generic, not the Nvidea proprietary version. Hope this will be addressed soon.
    B) Don't see any place to preview the files on the disk.
    Other than that, I've ripped a couple disks (DVDs and Blurays) to MP4 and all seemed well.

I do have a question tho - I misunderstood a prompt during installation and put the program itself in ~/Video/DVDFab Can I just remove this dir and re-install to put the program in a better location?

Leave a comment:

• isamuelson
    replied
    Originally posted by october262 View Post

you will need to purchase a new license, your windows license for dvdfab won't work - https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/...-Linux-Systerm post #5
    Thanks. That's what I was afraid of. I've already dropped a lot of money at my lifetime licenses for the Windows versions, so I guess I'll just stick with those. Still nice to see Linux supported now.

Leave a comment:

• october262
    replied
    Originally posted by isamuelson View Post
    Does my lifetime license from my windows version transfer to this or do I have to purchase another license? Hopefully not. I'm trying to get out of Windows, and this is pretty much the last holdover (other than games) preventing me from going full Linux. I currently run it in a virtual machine and that works, but to have one that is native to Linux is nice. Keep up the great work.
    you will need to purchase a new license, your windows license for dvdfab won't work - https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/...-Linux-Systerm post #5

Leave a comment:

• isamuelson
    replied
    Does my lifetime license from my windows version transfer to this or do I have to purchase another license? Hopefully not. I'm trying to get out of Windows, and this is pretty much the last holdover (other than games) preventing me from going full Linux. I currently run it in a virtual machine and that works, but to have one that is native to Linux is nice. Keep up the great work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X