Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From DVDFab Staff The Linux Version of DVDFab Discontinued

The Linux Version of DVDFab Discontinued

Due to the gloomy market response to and the discouraging input-output ratio of the Linux version of DVDFab 10, which is far from being able to meet our expectation in the first place, we are inevitably forced to make necessary readjustment to our market expanding strategy. After days of tough discussion and careful consideration, we’re now officially announce that we’re dropping the project of the Linux version of DVDFab 10, so as to concentrate our attention and allocate our R&D resource on the Windows and Mac versions of DVDFab 10, constantly improve the existing modules, and add more new modules and feature sets.

We would like to express our sincere regret and heartfelt appreciation to those who have ordered the Linux version of DVDFab 10, thank you very much for your genuine support. We feel very sorry that the Linux version of DVDFab 10 is discontinued and the inconvenience this might cause you, and we sincerely hope you can understand our situation on this matter.

In the meantime, to make it up for you, we would like to offer you the chance to switch the license for your Linux version DVDFab 10 to either Windows or Mac version, totally for free; if you don’t really want to switch the license, you can also choose to receive a full refund of your Linux version of DVDFab 10.

In either case, please contact our Service Team for help: service@dvdfab.cn

Many thanks for your support!
    Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 10-25-2017, 11:45 AM.
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

That's a pity, as it had potential, there is nothing like it within Linux....and DVDFab for windows under Wine can be somewhat hit and miss.

Comment

I'm not sure about the "gloomy market response" as I only found out about the product a few weeks ago. I have been a linux user for years and maintain a windows box solely for fab. I have found fab to be a solid product and came here tonight to get the linux version. This seems like a hurried decision with such a short production run. It's unfortunate.

Comment

I am sad to see this go for Linux as I was really excited that it was made for Linux finally. I was able to get it running by going back to Ubuntu 16.04 Amd 64 Bit and was completely happy with the program. I was able to do a video conversion test and use the other features and was sold on it as my new program to rip copy and store my Dvd's and Blurays on my computer as I only use Linux for all my computing needs. Hopefully you decide at a later point to try this again.

Comment

Even if there is no linux version any more, I am happy to inform you, that using the WINE versions above 4.3 (actually only available in development branch or via playonlinux 4.3.4), you can run DVDFab in 32-bit or 64-bit versions. Some thinks do not actually work as expected, so for the moment the graphics card is not recognized and therefore only software de- and en-coding is possible, but you can access and rip your disks and should be able to do authoring as well. Using the WINDOWS version. Not running also the UHD tool as it does not correctly recognize the SATA port, but many parts are running!
          In case of questions please ask.

And for DVDFab staff - why don't you try to get in touch with winehq.org for optimizing the windows versions of DVDFab for also running on Linux using the free software wine (which is included in many distros nowadays). This would save you from doing an extra linux version but give you potentially users which do not use Windows at all but who would buy your software for running via wine on Linux?! Think about it!

Comment

I am sad to see this go for Linux support. I missed that since I first bought my copy of DVDfab v11 and Passkey v9. I am stuck with Windows or macOS operating system forever because there are lack of Linux support for many multimedia applications. I hope that you would consider to support Linux in the future again. If you announce Linux version, I would be happy to buy a copy. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X