This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From DVDFab Staff DRM Removal FAQ

Starting with DVDFab v10.0.3.0 Beta, to remove the DRM of Apple contents is now supported!

Q: What's DRM?
    A:
    DRM is the file protection. The file could not be played back on the other players, and could not convert to the other format.

Q: Do I need to do something before using DRM Removal?
    A:
    Yes, install iTunes and authorize your computer with your Apple ID is needed.

Q: What can do in DRM Removal?
    A:
    Remove the drm of apple movies, TV Shows, Rented and Apple Music, and the output files can be played back on any other players.

Q: Can I have a trial for DRM Removal before buying?
    A:
    Yes, 1 movie and 5 songs in 30 trial days.

Q: What kind of format is output after removing DRM?
    A:
    For movies, M4V format, it's lossless and same as source, and will also keep the AC-3 audio, cc subtitles etc.
    For Music, M4A format, it's lossy compress.

Q: How to add source in DRM Removal?
    A:
    For Movies, you can add files from Windows Explorer and Add from iTunes(DRM Removal will load the iTunes library).
    For Music, Add from iTunes only.
    To load the iTunes library, please enable the option "Share iTunes Library XML with other applications" in iTunes. Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced.

Q: Do I need to purchase DRM Removal if I have Video Converter or Creator? Is it included?
    A: Sorry, it is not included and must be purchased as standalone module.

Q: What to do if my movie or music failed to remove DRM?
    A:
    Please tell us the movie name and song name if the file can be played back on your iTunes.

Thanks!

Wilson
    Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 04-07-2017, 04:14 AM.
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

DMR

I have Microsoft, Win 7, 64 bits, I am not with Apple.
    I noticed that DMR Removal ""Trial Version"" was added to my list of activations.

My question is: Do I need it? Does it even apply to me?

Comment

Originally posted by mdgboxx View Post
      I have Microsoft, Win 7, 64 bits, I am not with Apple.
      I noticed that DMR Removal ""Trial Version"" was added to my list of activations.

My question is: Do I need it? Does it even apply to me?
      DRM Removal is not related with the system, it's the tool for Apple contents in iTunes Store.

You will need it if you purchase/rental the movies or listen the Apple music from iTunes Store and want to convert them to DRM-free m4v/m4a files.

Thanks!

Wilson
      Please post your logs the default location is:
      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

DRM Removal for Mac

Is DRM removal available for Mac?

Comment

Sorry, not presently.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Is it included in DVDFab All-In-One Lifetime

If you purchased the DVDFab All-In-One Lifetime package previously (say 2015), would this product now be included or would you have to purchase it separately?

Thanks

Comment

I believe you would need to purchase it. If it follows the pattern of earlier product enhancements (new modules), it is probably included with All-In-One now, but not for earlier purchasers. If they offer present All-In-One customers a discount, you will be notified using your registered email address. I am trying to reach the marketing manager to confirm the policy.

Update: It is included with All-In-One now, unsure about discount but it has probably expired if there was one.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The DRM Removal for Apple doesn't work with DVDFab 10.0.8.0 and iTunes 12.7.3.46. Thank you again and again and again!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, I think this is already being investigated.

Comment

any update on whether it's working yet? i am unable to figure out how/if it works as it scans my itunes folder, i see 9 items in the refresh scan but the 2 fields on the left pane of the app are zero's...after its done refreshing.

i am using 11.0.0.2 and the latest iTunes of 12.9

Thanks

Comment

Hello, I am having this issue as well. I am using DVDfab 11.03.1; I downgraded iTunes to 12.7.2.60 but all it does when I run the program is the whole screen goes black for about 20 seconds 5 or 6 times and about two minutes later, it reports that the process "failed". Please advise how to troubleshoot.

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by humblestarship View Post
                        Hello, I am having this issue as well. I am using DVDfab 11.03.1; I downgraded iTunes to 12.7.2.60 but all it does when I run the program is the whole screen goes black for about 20 seconds 5 or 6 times and about two minutes later, it reports that the process "failed". Please advise how to troubleshoot.

Thanks,
                        Hi, sorry that you have trouble. The thread you are following is too old, to better help you, please start a new one, describe the problem, provide detailed log files (dvdfab_internal.log file and drm log file), thanks.

Comment

Mona is right, this thread is closed.

Comment

Working...
                          X