Differentiating similar titled movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Differentiating similar titled movies

Having an issue trying to get the media server to differentiate between Brendan Fraser The Mummy from Tom Cruise the Mummy. In DVD Fab indications are the software recognizes them as different (background images are correct) before ripping. Once ripped to server, though, they get the same metadata and cover art. Any editing of one title automatically applies to both. They have different file names and different meta file names. Have same issue with Alice in Wonderland (Johnny Depp and animated versions) and different versions of same movie (such as theatrical version and director's cut)

If you mean the Fab Movie Server, the new firmware (v1.0.0.9) should take care of it with the release date discrimination.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

OK, I like others have the same problem...

Click image for larger version

Name:	BOTB.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	349178Click image for larger version

Name:	DMS Scraper.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	349179

What I would like to see is some sort of "Scraper Exclusion pre-process Filter". Going back to my days when I dabbled in programming visual basic we always remarked out comments so that we could debug. The way I think something like this would work is to 'prefix' a file or directory with a string of text like 'REM' so that the scraper would bypass the info and not show it. For me I would rather not see wrong information than see it and not be able to fix it...just a thought!

Comment

I want to update...I have had good luck so far fixing a few of my titles that have the same name as older titles with just changing the date...+the scraper seems to be getting faster!

Comment

Glad to hear it. There are some even more astounding scraper improvements coming. For now, the file naming (and dating if necessary) are key factors to success.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I had no trouble with those 2 mummy movies. Make sure you put the year in the title. I found it gets things right more often when the year is in the title.

Comment

Yes by using the right naming and date it seems to find things better...still a problem with filebot getting the wrong episodes listed in the right season and dvdfab not getting the episodes right...but I think the problem there is how the dvd was originally set up.

Comment

Working...
              X