No network connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation No network connection

I followed the installation instructions but the Movie Server cannot reach the internet to activate. This is because the DHCP server is unable to issue it an IP. Both of the RJ45 lights on the Movie Server are blinking so the electrical connection appears to be okay. I even replaced the Cat 5e cable just to be sure. I also rebooted the DHCP server (Verizon router) but the MS still won't respond. I think I have a hardware/firmware problem with this new Movie Server.

Is there an IP that I can use to talk to the MS if I were to do a hardware reset?

Okay, that's the wired side. The wireless connection 'sees' my SSID, accepts my password, and issues an IP of 192.168.1.199. I can 'ping' it successfully. But that's all it will do. The Movie Server is unable to communicate and therefore cannot reach the Internet to activate.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
    Fastboat

Could be a license problem in your Member Center account, a few have reported it. It can't be checked until the office opens Monday morning Beijing time (Sunday evening in the west). Moderator 90312 has already sent them a link to your post.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi,

What's error message when activating the Movie Server? Failed to connect the server?

Wilson
      Please post your logs the default location is:
      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Today I tried a manual setup to get my router to 'see' the Movie Server. I used a static IP with the rest of the required parameters and was able to reach the internet, activate the unit, and installed the pending firmware update. Yea!

But, I wanted to find out why the DHCP server was unable to automatically handle all this for me so I went back into setting and switched to the DHCP again. This time it worked and issued the unit an IP 192.168.1.200. Okay so now everything appears to be working except DVDfab10 does not 'see' the Movie Server when I copy a DVD. It's not listed on the 'store to' options.

Today's question is how do you link the Movie Server to DVDfab10? My pc doesn't see the Movie Sever an networked device. At least it's not showing up under devices and printers. I'm working with Windows 7 Pro.

Thanks

Comment

Good thought. I tried to Add Device but no devices are found. When I look at the discovered devices on the PC LAN Network there are 2 new Media devices. One called DVDfabMediaRender and one called DVDfabMediaServer. This is good but something is not allowing me to attach them to my Devices. It's like they don't allowing sharing?

My present setup is a LAN connection only to the Movie Server. I've been unsuccessful with establishing a Wireless connection so who cares, I shouldn't need it anyway. The LAN connection is really what I want to get working.
          Thanks again for all the ideas.

Comment

If your PC is on a VPN, it won't work.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Not connected through a VPN. Just a normal home network with the usual LAN and wireless devices.

Thanks

Comment

Moderator 90312 is working on a post to help you, he is a networking guru.

Comment

Fastboat, I have the same issue and have an acceptable work around. Since you can see the server you can map as a network drive. I assigned the drive a letter and can use it as a "Save To" location for Ripper, but Copy returns insufficient free space or some such so I just save to a local HDD and move it to the server via the network. An extra step but it's very quick on the wired network and works a treat.
                  How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

Maybe I mapped it to the wrong drive? Just to be clear, I show 3 devices on my network. One is a processor called ANDROID_A5E10, the other 2 are listed as Media Devices called 1_6033(DVDFabMediaRender) and 1_6033(DVDFabMediaServer). I mapped the last one to the DVDFab10 folder. Then I when into the DVDfab10 folder 'fulldisc', right clicked and selected 'Send to' where one of the options was the DVDfabMediaServer.
                    I had one movie in the FullDisc folder so it transferred it somewhere but it didn't end up in the MediaServer folder. It appears to have just copied it into the DVDfab10 folder group. The movie title appears there along with the other folders like BDInfo, Cinavia, Fulldisc, etc.

Where did I make my mistake?

Thanks for help too.

Comment

Map it to the Media Server, the server will pick up sata1 and you're all set.
                      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

Before you copy, you choose save to your movie server. If your box is power on and pc is the same network, movie server can be list on your save to lists.
                        After copy work finish, fulldisc results can be copy to movie server.
                        You are usiong a wrong way to copy source.
                        Attached Files
                        User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
                        For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
                        For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
                        For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Updated the firmware and cant connect?!

Hello,

I got my system and tried to connect wirelessly to my 5GHz connection with no go, it wouldn't connect at the security key setting, so I chose my 2.4GHz and voila it connected, so I went with the 2.4GHz and started it up and connected to the server and activated and all that good stuff and did the firmware update. Then after it rebooted it tried to connect and did the 3 or 4 tries with no luck, then I went to setting and tried to see if it shows my SSID and it doesn't see anything, it's almost like the firmware update borked the whole wireless settings and setup! Any ideas?...I have tried to reset my modem and that didn't work, also tried several reboots with the movie server and the same thing each time it just stalls on searching for an available wifi. now what?

Comment

Ok, I had to do a hard reset on the system, so it now can see everything again on the SSID network and yes I am connected again.

Although I have one question, does this setup not come with an option to browse like say Google Play store, where we can browse and install apps or do we strictly have to do it all manually?

Thank you.

Comment

Mine will not copy either

Originally posted by Dora View Post
                              Before you copy, you choose save to your movie server. If your box is power on and pc is the same network, movie server can be list on your save to lists.
                              After copy work finish, fulldisc results can be copy to movie server.
                              You are usiong a wrong way to copy source.

My PC and MS are on the same router. I see the MS through DVDFAB. I even changed the MS from Home Theater to Living Room and DVDFAB sees the new name. But when I try to perform a full disk copy it fails on step 3 of copying to the MS every time

Comment

Working...
                              X