Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"This Media Library is empty" Any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"This Media Library is empty" Any ideas?

Like everyone here, I have had many, many problems with DMS the first few months until v1.0.2.0. Then the Movie Server began to work somewhat. I loaded over 1,000 movies and it finally got 97% of them to appear in the Movie Library.

Then v1.0.3.0 came out. A lot of improvements, it said. So, I tried the update. Wow, big mistake. I spent the month in a authorization loop, unable to use the DMS at all. Before the obvious question, DMS would not accept a "downgrade" to the prior version, to go back to where it worked. It errored out each time it (downgrade) was attempted.

Next update v.1.0.3.5 arrived. More improvements! So I updated again, hoping it would solve the endless activation loop. I was finally able to activate the unit again and then a new problem, NO MOVIES, TV SHOWS, etc.

I could sign in online and see over a 1,000, but the DMS only said "This Media Library is empty."

I have tried rescanning the drives, updated the library, and when that didn't help, rebuilt the library twice, with no change. STILL NO MOVIES!

Now a new complication, apparently the DVDFab server is having problems and will not let me or others sign on, stating "
    Wrong Username or Password!"

Any ideas?

This is just about the last straw for me. I originally thought this would be a great product, only to find that it is apparently an ALPHA product test and we are all the guinea pigs. I have never before purchased a product that expected the customers to solve the problems while they piddled around making almost no progress solving the problems. It's like they have a part time programmer who only comes in 8 hours once a month.

I think MattT1961 may have the right idea.....

Originally posted by Brian_B View Post

I could sign in online and see over a 1,000, but the DMS only said "This Media Library is empty."

I have tried rescanning the drives, updated the library, and when that didn't help, rebuilt the library twice, with no change. STILL NO MOVIES!

Now a new complication, apparently the DVDFab server is having problems and will not let me or others sign on, stating "
    Wrong Username or Password!"

Any ideas?
    hi, Brain_B

This problem is the special case, we are working for fix it, I think soon will be in the normal.

And we are always working to provide more better product from v1020 to current v1035, thanks.

Comment

I am having the same issue, VERY frustrating
      The movie server just says This media library is empty Please build you media library per the instructions.
      I did that and the server says scanning <movie Name> then does nothing.
      The web interface also says "Your movie library is still empty, please add your media contents."
      I can see the .iso files on the onboard disk and can play them going through videos
      I ripped a new movie Via DVDFab 10 direct to the server but this also is not shown.

Comment

Originally posted by RJS666 View Post
        I am having the same issue, VERY frustrating
        The movie server just says This media library is empty Please build you media library per the instructions.
        I did that and the server says scanning <movie Name> then does nothing.
        The web interface also says "Your movie library is still empty, please add your media contents."
        I can see the .iso files on the onboard disk and can play them going through videos
        I ripped a new movie Via DVDFab 10 direct to the server but this also is not shown.
        hi, RJS666

Which version is your using ?

Comment

Ting,
          I am seeing a similar problem. As of yesterday, the media server no longer recognizes any new files I transfer to it.

When I transfer a new file from DVDFAB to the MS, pretty much nothing happens. It does not scrape the file to a correct or incorrect poster, nor do I even get a blank poster under the DMS video section. The system does not seem to know that there is a new file that needs to be scraped. Doing re-scans or re-booting the MS multiple times has not helped.

I can see the new files are on the server as they can be found by navigating the file tree. All files that were previously on the MS are still correctly scraped and visible. It is only files transferred since yesterday that are not shown.

I am using version 1035.

Comment

Well, as of 10 minutes ago, suddenly the 2 new files I transferred yesterday appeared under DMS Video. I was able to assign them to correct posters using the MS internal editing function.

So all is back to normal for me.

Comment

Ting, first, I would like to apologize to you for the frustration I vented in my post. The Rebuild has completed and I now show 1,042 Movies 10 TV Series, and 10 Videos BUT ONLY in the Browser interface. The DMS still shows
              "This Media Library is empty." for both Movies and TV Shows.

What can I do to get the movies to appear on the DMS?

Comment

Ting, first, I would like to apologize to you for the frustration I vented in my post. The Rebuild has completed and I now show 1,042 Movies 10 TV Series, and 10 Videos BUT ONLY in the Browser interface. The DMS still shows
                "This Media Library is empty." for both Movies and TV Shows.

What can I do to get the movies to appear on the DMS?
                hi, Please check your PM, I will try to fix your problem.

Thanks.

Comment

Hey Ting,

It's now been a week. I was wondering if you were able to find any solutions? Without being able to see what movies are on DMS and be able to watch them, it's pretty useless.

Comment

Hey Ting,

It's now been a week. I was wondering if you were able to find any solutions? Without being able to see what movies are on DMS and be able to watch them, it's pretty useless.
                    I had the same thing, never corrected it so I went back to v1010.

Comment

Working...
                    X