Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jattok
    replied
    That's not what I'm asking for. When you rip a movie using DVDFab and have it automatically send it to the DMS, it also includes a small meta file that includes data about the movie/tv show. What I'm asking for is the ability to create these files as well when you rip the discs locally, or when you edit information through the DMS frontend. That is, if there is no current meta file for the movie or TV show, then it will create one; if one exists and the data is wrong, then the meta file will be updated properly. This way, we can stop the DMS from scraping and resetting the information that we've already edited, or make it simpler for the scraper to figure out what a file is.

Leave a comment:

• ejm
    replied
    I have the same with a few of my movies, I;ve had 1 of these since ver. 1010.

Leave a comment:

• signals
    replied
    You can currently do minor edits to the metadata from the DMS gui itself. See the screens below, which are accessed by first selecting the title on the poster wall. If you can't access th poster wall or changes you make are not preserved, you need to submit a log as described here: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...og-submissions Send me a PM if you can't obtain the log. There is an easy upload straight to the developers if you have a Facebook account.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1-011LOCALEDIT3.png
Views:	337
Size:	559.2 KB
ID:	362540

Click image for larger version

Name:	1-011LOCALEDIT4.ng.png
Views:	332
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	362541

Leave a comment:

• Jattok
    replied
    I haven't rebooted the server in a long time. It's just been fairly recent. One example of something where the meta data *never* remains is for the 2018 NA Blu-ray release of Christopher Robin. Even after I fix the metadata for this movie, the next time the DMS refreshes its data, not even rebooting, it goes back to not knowing what the movie is, just the name of the file and that it's a movie. The description, the poster, everything is missing.

Leave a comment:

• Down2Earth
    replied
    Originally posted by Jattok View Post
    I'm having trouble with the media server retaining information regarding ripped movies and shows right now after reboots. I've also had to rip my Blu-rays and DVDs directly to my desktop and copy them over to the DMS because sometimes DVDFab will stop ripping when switching to a new title on the same disc. This means that I don't get to rip the meta files needed.

Could we please, through the menu, have a way to fix the metadata and select an option to write the appropriate meta file to the folder so that the change remains even after a reboot?
    Are you just having this problem after the new update? Which firmware are you using? Even if they did provide a fix for the metadata by way of the menu, which is already an option through the website to update the metadata there. The problem still remains after you reboot the movie server and it updates there. The fix would be for the movie server to retain your metadata information and it doesn't. Hardware or software...……….

Leave a comment:

• Allow server to update/write meta info files for movies/videos

I'm having trouble with the media server retaining information regarding ripped movies and shows right now after reboots. I've also had to rip my Blu-rays and DVDs directly to my desktop and copy them over to the DMS because sometimes DVDFab will stop ripping when switching to a new title on the same disc. This means that I don't get to rip the meta files needed.

Could we please, through the menu, have a way to fix the metadata and select an option to write the appropriate meta file to the folder so that the change remains even after a reboot?
Working...
X