DVDFab 11 Movie Server NOT Found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab 11 Movie Server NOT Found

For some reason DVDFab can no longer "find" my movie server. I have had the DMS for about a year and it worked fine. Looking at the dvdfab_internal.log file I can see:
    2018.11.04-14:39:28: DVD Copy check:reg!
    2018.11.04-14:39:28: MovieServer: selected_dir=smb://192.168.2.100/share/sata/sata2/DVDFab/, partition_space=3466067 M
    2018.11.04-14:39:28: UILog: start running at thread.

For some reason, now what I see is:
    2018.12.19-16:00:11: DVD Copy check:reg!
    2018.12.19-16:00:11: UILog: start running at thread.

The DMS is gone! And when I look at the Save to: list it says "Movie Server(Not Found)"

I found in a recent post:
    "Looking at the logs, I see this:
    2018.12.27-18:01:07: Detected Movie Server 0: name=DVDFab Movie Server - Living Room, ip=192.168.1.155"

What log did this come from?

How does DVDFab detect the DMS?

I have had the DMS and DVDFab on a LAN for about a year. I can access the files on the DMS just fine and run the local webserver (32080). But the only way I can move .iso files to the DMS is to choose the .iso mode in the Save to: box and then copy the .iso files to the DMS Video folder using SAMBA.

The DMS is clearly on the network and should not be that hard to find. I have tried everything to figure out how to make DVDFab "find" it. What can I do to make this work again?

Yes, SMB 1 is enabled. I have no idea how DVDFab got broken. I tried DVDFab 10 and it doesn't work either. If I go to dms.dvdfab.cn it shows the server twice but the one that is checked is at 192.168.2.100.

Think I been here recently...…..It's not letting you select the movie sever or seeing the movie server in DVD fab 10 or DVD fab 11 when using it trying to send movies .iso files over to the movie server...Did all the checks you did and everything checked out okay all the addresses connected to the movie sever was on point but it still wouldn't send or recognize the movie sever - living room ip address. Not sure if this will work for you but it's worth a try.

If you can't see the Android_4BD10 folder under 'Network' in windows that's a problem, need to click and open up that folder to see the 'Share' folder under it. Don't have to do anything in the 'Share' folder just close it and back out of it. You may or may not get a pop-up when you close out of it, if you don't back out all the way to the Android_4BD10 folder. The pop-up you should see should be 'Window Security' pop-up asking you to enter network credentials to open - 'OPENWRT'.....put your DVDfab address and password in the boxes and check -'Remember Password'. If this works for you, you will need to do this for DVDfab 10 and DVDfab 11.

Comment

Hi johnw413, please try this: update your DMS firmware to v1.0.3.8 from this link and also update your DVDFab installation to v11.0.1.1 and try it to see the result.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I was just about to report that I am having the same issue. As with the previous posts, I have tried all of the listed solutions. Just wondering signals, is it ok for me to try your suggestion?
        Thank you.
        Jupiter59

Comment

Yes, certainly. Post if you have any problems.

The firmware you will be installing is more or less a developer alpha version that has not been publicly released and may have some known issues. I have been using it for several weeks with only some minor dings. It links up with DVDFab v1.0.1.1 with no problem on my system.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I did upgrade to 1.0.3.8 and DVDFab 11.0.1.1.

Thanks for the tip Down2Earth. However, I can't find the folder listed. I've wondered about going thru the USB with Android dbg or other utility to see the actual Linux files. I've done this in the past to get root access and add stuff like the Busybox utilities. In this case I just wanted the damn box to work, didn't need any challenges.

I still wonder what log shows the "detected" entries. I wish DVDFab had some decent diagnostics or other way to manually tell it where to find the DMS. I'm guessing it does some kind of port probe to find the webserver, SMB share, etc. If we knew what the method of detecting the DMS is and where to look for diagnostic messages it would help a lot. I notice that dms.dvdfab.cn has the DMS listed twice, once as a LAN IP and once as WiFi. I use the LAN because moving big .iso files over WiFi is way too slow. I'm not sure if this confuses DVDFab or how to remove the WiFi IP.

While I might appreciate the efforts of the DVDFab/DMS developers to hide how it discovers the DMS and how it adds scraper records to the DMS db, when it quits working all I can do is spend hours beating my head against the wall, looking thru log files.

One other idea would be to have some utility that would copy the .iso files to the DMS while using the scraper to add the files to the poster wall. Right now I copy .iso files and will see poster entries pop up with no idea how it happened. I used to fill in meta files but they don't seem to do anything anymore.

Comment

I continue to try to learn why DVDFab no longer can detect the MS. I've gotten no useful advice from DVDFab, just the usual "make sure it's turned on", etc.

So, today I tried to uninstall all versions of DVDFab and re-install from scratch. No luck.

DVDFab doesn't remove all files, especially config-type files. You can reinstall, but without manually deleting all folders and files you will end up with the same settings.

One problem file is c:\users\myid\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab11\fab_config_ 1.xml. You can change drive letters in DVDFab but they will remain what they were because they are in this file.

One entry of interest was this:
              LastTargetServer="\\?\UNC\192.168.2.100\share\sata \sata2\DVDFab" - it has the path to the MS! So, why is it NOT found?

I installed DVDFab 11.0.1.1. The dvdfab_internal.log file has changed.

The entries:
              2019.01.01-16:16:56: DVD Copy check:reg!
              2019.01.01-16:16:56: UILog: start running at thread.
              2019.01.01-16:16:56: opening drive F
              are mostly gone.

All you now see is:
              2019.01.02-11:24:14: DriveX msg: Init driveX F with I/O mode: 0
              2019.01.02-11:24:14: opening drive F

Where is log info about checking the MS and returning an error code? It knows the IP of the MS, but for some reason it says it is Not Found! Why?

I am willing to do the work of digging thru log files but I need to know where to look. I don't want to reverse-engineer DVDFab, I just want it to work like it used to: as advertised.

TIA,Johnw

Comment

Originally posted by johnw413 View Post
                I continue to try to learn why DVDFab no longer can detect the MS. I've gotten no useful advice from DVDFab, just the usual "make sure it's turned on", etc.

So, today I tried to uninstall all versions of DVDFab and re-install from scratch. No luck.

DVDFab doesn't remove all files, especially config-type files. You can reinstall, but without manually deleting all folders and files you will end up with the same settings.

One problem file is c:\users\myid\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab11\fab_config_ 1.xml. You can change drive letters in DVDFab but they will remain what they were because they are in this file.

One entry of interest was this:
                LastTargetServer="\\?\UNC\192.168.2.100\share\sata \sata2\DVDFab" - it has the path to the MS! So, why is it NOT found?

I installed DVDFab 11.0.1.1. The dvdfab_internal.log file has changed.

The entries:
                2019.01.01-16:16:56: DVD Copy check:reg!
                2019.01.01-16:16:56: UILog: start running at thread.
                2019.01.01-16:16:56: opening drive F
                are mostly gone.

All you now see is:
                2019.01.02-11:24:14: DriveX msg: Init driveX F with I/O mode: 0
                2019.01.02-11:24:14: opening drive F

Where is log info about checking the MS and returning an error code? It knows the IP of the MS, but for some reason it says it is Not Found! Why?

I am willing to do the work of digging thru log files but I need to know where to look. I don't want to reverse-engineer DVDFab, I just want it to work like it used to: as advertised.

TIA,Johnw
                have you tried checking your firewall & antivirus software to make sure that those aren't blocking anything.

Comment

I installed Norton on 11 November. The problems started in 15 December, about the time I added a SSD and had to change drive letters for the \users folder. I did turn off both the firewall and anti-virus but no change. I can use the local server and SAMBA. I can copy .iso files all day to the MS. This is on a LAN which only has 2 hosts, the PC and the MS.

I suspect the solution will be simple once it is found, but I need to know the actual reason that DVDFab can not find the MS. I'm guessing that a login fails, but I don't know why, maybe a path error due to changing drive letters. This should be easy.

Comment

I installed Norton on 11 November. The problems started in 15 December, about the time I added a SSD and had to change drive letters for the \users folder. I did turn off both the firewall and anti-virus but no change. I can use the local server and SAMBA. I can copy .iso files all day to the MS. This is on a LAN which only has 2 hosts, the PC and the MS.

I suspect the solution will be simple once it is found, but I need to know the actual reason that DVDFab can not find the MS. I'm guessing that a login fails, but I don't know why, maybe a path error due to changing drive letters. This should be easy.
                    did you try doing a factory reset on the dvdfab MS ??

Comment

I did not try a reset as the last time I did that I had to redo dozens of Fix Matches. I'd rather do .iso copies than redo all that stuff.

However, I was asked to re-install SDK 1.0.3.8 and DVDFab started to recognize the DMS again! Yay!

The main side-effect is that the update seems to erase the login token the DMS uses to access the cloud.
                      The DMS server log entries look like this:

00:00:09 info: usercenter: empty token, using settings file value
                      00:00:09 info: usercenter: empty token in settings file, try to get from database
                      00:00:09 info: usercenter: not get token, maybe is the first start, not login history data
                      00:00:09 info: AutoLogin: waiting for LoginWithToken finished
                      (repeats many many many times)
                      (snip)
                      info: server init begin...
                      00:44:41 info: build date: Dec 14 2018-10:37:52, version: 6602-SDK1038

To fix that on the DMS, go to
                      Settings/Member Center/Relogin

If you don't do that dms.dvdfab.cn will not be in sync with the DMS local web server and new posters will not appear. Even then if a DVD doesn't appear as a Recently Added Video you may have to go to dms.dvdfab.cn to see it and fix it. I know we're not supposed to do that but it works.

So far, so good! I will hope this issue is resolved. I don't know why a re-update fixed something as the update.zip file looks the same. Maybe it depends on what order you do things. Some mysteries are not worth solving.

Thanks everybody!

Comment

The main side-effect is that the update seems to erase the login token the DMS uses to access the cloud.
                        The DMS server log entries look like this:

00:00:09 info: usercenter: empty token, using settings file value
                        00:00:09 info: usercenter: empty token in settings file, try to get from database
                        00:00:09 info: usercenter: not get token, maybe is the first start, not login history data
                        00:00:09 info: AutoLogin: waiting for LoginWithToken finished
                        (repeats many many many times)
                        (snip)
                        info: server init begin...
                        00:44:41 info: build date: Dec 14 2018-10:37:52, version: 6602-SDK1038

To fix that on the DMS, go to-
                        Settings/Member Center/Relogin
                        Thanks for the update johnw413, happy you were able to get your movie sever back on-line. This is a good pass down in reference.....knew it was a login in, password issue, guess I stumbled into the way I resolved mines. Don't think it's a update issue becomes I didn't update my firmware (was still on 1.0.1.0) and it lost the movie server cloud login and password around the same time you did. Think your fix will be easier to follow if it happens again. Thanks and enjoy!!

Comment

Working...
                        X