X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunter1955
    replied
    Originally posted by Dead Eye View Post
    Can you map the network share? For example right click on Computer>>Map Network Drive >> \\ANDROID_XXXXXX\share, where X=string of letters or/and numbers. My DMS has disappeared from my network view and I have had to either reboot it or just map the network share on the DMS.
    That is how I access it. I mapped the DVDFAB folder then pinned it for quick access.

As a follow-up I moved this movie to the video folder. Now it shows up as a poster but doesn't interfere with the movie folder

Leave a comment:

• Dead Eye
    replied
    Can you map the network share? For example right click on Computer>>Map Network Drive >> \\ANDROID_XXXXXX\share, where X=string of letters or/and numbers. My DMS has disappeared from my network view and I have had to either reboot it or just map the network share on the DMS.

Leave a comment:

• Hunter1955
    replied
    Just had the same thing happen again with the movie GOLDSTONE.
    Not sure if this a DVDFAB issue or what is going on but after using DVDFAB 11.0.1.5 Main Movie copy to the DMS I couldn't use Win10 file explorer again
    for the movie directory

Leave a comment:

• Dead Eye
    replied
    Personally I wish they would get on to android 7. My other android streamer has it and it was major improvement!

Leave a comment:

• Dead Eye
    replied
    forstatd...it is an alpha version...not beta. I think it was only available to the insiders group and other select users.

Leave a comment:

• Dead Eye
    replied
    Thanks Hunter1955...I have over 1100 Blu-ray disk but I don't have that one!

Leave a comment:

• forstatd
    replied
    BTW, I see some post from users that mentioned a DMS update version 1.0.3.8?? Where can I download that for my DMS?

Leave a comment:

• forstatd
    replied
    Wow, I had the exact problem as Hunter1955. Windows file explorer showed I had thousands of movies on my 8TB drive in my DMS, running 1.0.3.7 Struggled for weeks until I finally figured out that one TV show was causing the issue (a slow process process of elimination).. it was one episode of season 3, "Fargo". Once I removed it from my DMS it is now back to normal.

Leave a comment:

• Hunter1955
    replied
    My DMS is now building the Library at 1.0.3.8
    I noticed a circle at the top right of my screen with a shoulder and head icon in it. It also had a small x on it.
    I did a relogin, the x went away and the Library started building. Of course I cannot create my own collections but I'm going to see how everything else works before reverting to 1.0.1.0

Leave a comment:

• Hunter1955
    replied
    That is a strange problem!

What was the name of that movie that triggered the problem?
    Galveston

Leave a comment:

• Dead Eye
    replied
    That is a strange problem!

What was the name of that movie that triggered the problem?

Leave a comment:

• Hunter1955
    replied
    Update:
    Moved the newer movies from the Movies directory to the Video directory and my original problem went away.
    Started moving them back one at a time until one movie brought the problem back, Deleted that movie and all seems fine now.
    Still no library info on the DMS at 1.0.3.8 but that's another problem

Leave a comment:

• Hunter1955
    replied
    Did an upgrade to 1.0.3.8
    No change to my original problem. Now it says my Library is empty. Tried an update with no change.
    Tried a rebuild with no change. Tried Clearing cache and data from advance settings. Nothing in Library and my original problem is still there.
    Going to wait a while and reload 1.0.1.0 and hope my Library comes back.

Leave a comment:

• Hunter1955
    replied
    Hunter1955...it is pretty easy and straight forward to 'Upgrade'...check the disk...then downgrade back to V1.0.1.0. It would seem to me that would reveal if it was an OS problem or even the sdcard itself. I don't know a lot about Android and how it manages its file table, or if it even has one.

Do the "ghost" entries have all the same properties as the regular file like size, date created and so on? Maybe try renaming one of the files that has a lot of duplicate copies and see if the OS updates all the "Ghost" files or creates new ghost files with the new file name.
    All the files are identical. When I change one they all change.
    I just tried reinstalling 1.0.1.0 with no change. Upgrading was my planned next step. I'll update here after trying that.

Leave a comment:

• Dead Eye
    replied
    Hunter1955...it is pretty easy and straight forward to 'Upgrade'...check the disk...then downgrade back to V1.0.1.0. It would seem to me that would reveal if it was an OS problem or even the sdcard itself. I don't know a lot about Android and how it manages its file table, or if it even has one.

Do the "ghost" entries have all the same properties as the regular file like size, date created and so on? Maybe try renaming one of the files that has a lot of duplicate copies and see if the OS updates all the "Ghost" files or creates new ghost files with the new file name.
    Last edited by Dead Eye; 01-27-2019, 10:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X