Movie Library Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMS v2.0.2.1 Movie Library Problems

I first tried 2021 last June when it was released. I was attracted by the improvement that retained the Custom Collections after rebooting the DMS and Library rewrites. I very quickly discovered that while the Custom Collections were indeed preserved, the automatically constructed collections went somewhat haywire. I reverted to 2020 with its inherent faults. I recently tried 2021 again.
    I now have 828 collections when there should be about 110. Most of them are "empty" , some have only 1 movie in them and the rest are correct. Moreover after rebooting the DMS, any corrected mislabelling by the scraper revert back to the original mislabels... very frustrating.
    A solution to this might be to stop automatic library updates on rebooting and allow updates only when specifically requested. This would have a double advantage.
    1 The addresses could be checked on the manager before updating
    2 The allocation of labels to the USB/hub drives could be checked before updating.

In the interests of reducing power consumption and safety, I switch off the DMS every night at the mains.

I guess all this is predicated on the assumption that DVDFab are still supporting the DMS. It's now 9 months since 2021 was published. Give us a break!
Working...
X