NFO and Scraping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NFO and Scraping

I have been experimenting with managers and found 2 that I like - Media Companion (Free Version) and Tiny Media Manager (paid version - 10 Euros I think). Both are easy to use and each is easier for some features than the other. The paid version of TMM allows scraping from many sources including IMDB and if you know an ID number, you can force scraping on that number. Both will work with an existing NFO and can be used together.

I scraped 400 DVD's of movies and TV Shows. I then cleared MS completely, installed a hard drive containing the ISO's and NFO files. MS then rebuilt the library using the NFO's (fairly fast) and the results were exactly what I wanted. Frankly much faster and better than MS scraping. So far I have only found a couple issues. MS does not like the Movie Set (Collection) NFO markers and I can't find a way to lock MS (other than turning off internet) against rescraping some movies to the wrong movie. I don't have any BluRay so can't comment on that.

As we can't seem to get any information about the MS Database usage (although a few years ago, Ting did provide me with a WIP API that now also seems defunct), I plan to copy a raw database without collections and then one with collections and find the table and field differences (time permitting). That should allow us to manually correct the database. Anyone else working on these issues?
Working...
X