X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GregiBoy
    replied
    Don't forget though, AVI files over 2Gb can be problem children with some players and tag editors because they do not conform to the openDML specs.
    Last edited by GregiBoy; 09-14-2009, 10:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KmR
    replied
    @Gregi

This makes sense... Thanks for the tip!

Leave a comment:

• GregiBoy
    replied
    Do a couple of tests and see what bitrate you end up with and then set that bitrate in the profile like this so the bitrate is forced to 1100 or whatever you wnat.

encode codec="xvid" fourcc="XVID" bitrate_kbps="1100" minbitrate_kbps="1099" maxbitrate_kbps="1101"

The calcs will vary depending on whether you use H263, H264, etc.

Leave a comment:

• KmR
    replied
    Originally posted by RobSpook View Post
    I do understand that I might be the only person to ever use a feature such as this and as such it won't happen, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
    I would like this feature!

I usually do 1 gig per hour...

For example: 2 hrs 20 min = 1024 * 2.33 = ~2385

I would love to have a option for the file size based on video time...

Leave a comment:

• GregiBoy
    replied
    I don't think it needs to be added to the to-do list. Just manipulate the bitrate in the profile that is used.

Leave a comment:

• signals
    replied
    Another good thread. Maybe that feature can be added to the to-do list. Don't think it could be done from within the profile.

Leave a comment:

• GregiBoy
    replied
    That is effectively what I am doing with the fixed 1100 bitrate as we were discussing about the profile that I posted and I don't think that I need a higher bitrate except for real high action movies. I definitely get a better encode with 2-Pass.

This is a highly subjective topic and really it comes down to what works for YOU!.

I think if you set the bitrate around 1700, you will get close to your filesize calculations. I still think this is too high in most cases except for fast moving action scenes. I have another similar profile with the bitrate set to 1500 for them.
    Last edited by GregiBoy; 09-13-2009, 12:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• File2Mobile automatic determination of 2-pass file size as part of profile

This may sound ridiculous but... Since I usually only do one thing in DVD Fab...
    I would like to set up the the File to Mobile option to be abl to determine the size file I want. Every conversion I use the same formula for 2-pass file size... total minutes (rounded up) * 15 MB. So a movie that 1 hr, 29 min, 6 secs would be 90 min * 15 MB = 1350 MB. It would be nice to have fab compute this for me as part of my profile.

I do understand that I might be the only person to ever use a feature such as this and as such it won't happen, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Working...
X